Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

spacey

join:2008-04-02
Montreal, QC
reply to Quinte

Re: [DSL] Slow DSL Internet Speeds in Kitchener in Evenings

Yeah, its possible When I tried at 5pm, I was getting perfect 25/10 speeds but then now its almost 9pm and this is what I get:

This is in Montreal. My upload speed is basically its max but the download is about 10x slower.

LondonOntGuy

join:2004-05-12
London, ON

1 edit
reply to Quinte
I've been getting ridiculously slow speeds as of late as well. It's so slow, that I can't even watch a simple video online without it buffering every 30 seconds. It's not the site because it happens with both Youtube and CTV.

I've got it the worst it seems. Very high ping and 1998-esque download speeds.

I think Bell is screwing with Teksavvy again. What else could it be?

Edit: And here's what I'm getting from the wifi I'm stealing from a neighbour.

Quinte

join:2001-07-21
Kitchener, ON
reply to spacey
Yes, it is very similar to my experience. Like you say, upload speeds are fine but download speed really sucks after 5pm.
--
Patience is the world's greatest shock absorber. The only thing you can get in a hurry is trouble...

Quinte

join:2001-07-21
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to LondonOntGuy

Latest Speedtest @ 9:48pm
Yikes! 323ms Ping? (Not to mention the slow download and upload speeds).

There is no doubt something fishy is going on as this is obviously not an isolated problem and it occurs in a number of different cities. The fact that a friend of mine who is on Bell DSL has the same issue (about 100 yards away) makes me wonder if this is some Bell infrastructure problem. Anyway, I hope they figure it out soon.

I have attached my latest speed test and although better than yours is nothing to write home about.
--
Patience is the world's greatest shock absorber. The only thing you can get in a hurry is trouble...

LondonOntGuy

London, ON
I just powered off my modem (TP Link 8816) and restarted it. Before I had a 69.xxx.xxx.xxx IP, now it's a 206.xxx.xxx.xxx one.

Here's the speedtest results now.

hexa

@teksavvy.com
I seem to have the problem too in Montreal 22h ... hard to tell yet if the time is making a difference will test tomorow but usually I get 25mbits no problem...

LondonOntGuy

London, ON
said by hexa :

[att=1]

"Faster than 70% of Canada".

That's just sad.

GreenLantern

join:2009-05-09
Waterloo, ON
reply to Quinte
Im having the same issues wtf is going on with this? I pay for mlppp with two modems and two lines and this is the speeds im getting?

As the evening goes by it will get faster like seriously I can't even use youtube.

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
I am in Kitchener downtown on Fibernetics, in past 5-7 days i am noticing some slowdowns as well, for about 1 hour, mostly from 7 pm to like 8 pm, and then it goes away.
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

GreenLantern

join:2009-05-09
Waterloo, ON

1 recommendation

reply to GreenLantern
well well well 1 am is there an guess whats back? my internet speed

honestly if you think this issue is a few people you are wrong the problem is most users don't test line speeds or pay attention its amazing teksavvy has gone totally down the toilet.