how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

puppy

join:2010-01-28
reply to f0rtys3ven

Re: GW2: Guardian Thread

So TheThing, are you liking the guardian more than the warrior now? I want to like the guardian cuz all the blue shiny things but weapon skills feel like oomph than the warrior.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
kudos:1
reply to puppy

sylvaria seem to have fly problems around there night lanterns/streets

puppy

Yar that too. That chain starts with helping to collect firefly essences I think.

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast

I've been so focused on leveling my guardian when I do play him, I have experimented very little

my 80 warrior steals leveling time from guardian

but when I have experimented on Guardian, it just seems there is so much variety in playstyle with the weapons, I don't even know where to start...

in WvW, I was running something+shield and protecting all of my troops under a castle siege, it was awesome

and then there is some staff ability that you can spam for aoe very quickly

the funny thing is, in WoW my roots were always PvP, and in GW2 I'm so hooked on PvE I haven't even gotten a chanced to REALLY get into PvP

gonna have to hit 80 and really test out the guardian to see who I like better

GS playstyle is tons of fun in PvE, but in PvP hundred blades is just not mobile... and in PvP thats bad

my warrior is charr, and I love charr... wish I made my guardian charr to begin with... he's sylvari

puppy

Remake your guardian now!

Leveling is easy, staring at an ugly plant face after you spend $$$ on armor is sad puppy face.

I agree, guardian seems to have a lot more variety, that's why I was considering leveling one as well (got one to like 7 so far), but I'm not sure of their farming zerg ability. Some posts say staff 1 can do it, others say GS spin...

puppy

reply to f0rtys3ven

Nice!

Just read this snippet in reddit:

He is referring to a combination of two different traits: Inspired Virtue and Renewed Justice.

Inspired Justice grants boons to nearby allies when a virtue is activated. For Virtue of Justice specifically, it gives three stacks of Might. Renewed Justice resets the cooldown of Virtue of Justice whenever you kill a foe.

When you kill a large amount of mobs quickly with these two traits applied, it results in a large amount of might being applied to people around you.

Whine... guardian or warrior... whine...

Edit: The thread I posted this morning for the "Sonic Boon" warrior mentions that your +boon duration bonus applies to the boons YOU place on other people as well, whee fun!

Edit2: A followup post, this seems the way to go for leveling guardian:

if traited, activating VoJ can also give 3 stacks of might to self and allies (virtues 5 pts), and in the radiance line, activating VoJ can also blind mobs, and blinds can add vulnerability. 15 points gets you Renewed Justice which upon any mob that you kill (finishing blow not required), VoJ is refreshed. i.e. in PvE, against large mobs, you can pretty much spam VoJ. constant blinds. constant burning. constant might stacks. DD

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast

I figured out the Rune +Boon, +Might duration on my own!

and it's cheap too!

the way I see it:

Warrior:
Primary - DPS
Secondary - Support

Guardian:
Primary - Support
Secondary - DPS

if you want more variety in support go Guardian, if you want more variety in DPS go warrior

or go both! it's F2P, you have all the time in the world!

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2

said by TheThing:

or go both! it's F2P, you have all the time in the world!

I like the way you think! I haven't gotten far in either of these classes, which has better tanking traits? I know the guardian has some good ones, does the warrior also?

TheThing

Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to puppy

+30 points in power tree for guardian gives: "GS attacks heal"

WTF!?!?!?

if traited accordingly, GS attacks heal, GS +5% damage, and -20% CD reduction on GS abilities

and I love GS abilities

right now using "Retreat" shout, "Save yourself" shout, signet that gives -10% damage for passive (reminds me of righteous fury on old ret pally)... and my puppy pet that applies bleed damage

Otto Stern

@ameritech.net

Honestly the GS attacks heal talent is a little lackluster. You are far better off focused on using altruistic healing the level 30 toughness trait combined with empowering might (level 20 vitality tree) and some sort of a shouts build. Basically anytime you put out a boon people get healed.

It works well with the GS and Hammer, however I have been palying around using sword/focus combined with scepter/torch using a 0/20/30/20/0 build and I feel pretty invincible. Using knight's gear.

puppy

reply to f0rtys3ven

Got my new charr guardian to 40 over the long break, which means I get the uber VoJ reset on foe killed, whee fun.

I find myself liking the hammer quite a bit, so my main weapons are GS and hammer, with staff for running. My hammer is skinned with the candy cane, so you have this big white (black stripped) charr in heavy armor, swinging a huge candy cane and smiting evil skritt and deers!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4

I found that the hammer hit hard but the mobility of the GS was too much to go full time hammer.