spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20

Phone Power Incoming Call Manager

We are proud to announce that our ICM project is now officially in a closed beta status. We have taken requests from people who are interested in certain features and included those people in our beta test list Phone Power is sending out emails to all of those who indicated they would like to test Incoming Call Manager.

There are some things to be aware of and there are as follows

-The Feature is only on the Aquarius network which means if you are on the Capricorn network you will need to upgrade first.

-If you are currently on the Aquarius network and you would like to test this feature you will lose your current call forwarding settings which includes your current blocked contacts. You can export the list so you have something to reference when you test the ICM feature.

-Due to the advanced nature of the feature and the changes to the account portal there will be issues with trying to configure settings via the iPhone app, Android app, Softphone and mobile portal. These issues will be addressed during the beta testing.

During the closed beta we will allow users to opt in. You can do so by contacting support. When you contact support let them know that you would like to test ICM.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Knology

Hi,

Thanks for the update. I got the email and already looking around. Couple of questions if I may...

1. how would I block an entire area code? (what would be the mask to use)

2. Can you block a range of area codes? If so, what would that mask be?

3. Is there a FAQ of some of these type of questions?

Thanks again.
--
Certified Jenius!

PhonePwrTech

reply to PhonePwrTech

The character that is used to express wildcards will be ?. So the syntax to block all 888 numbers would be as follows.

888???????

Here is a link to our wiki which will be evolving as the product is tested.

»www.phonepower.com/wiki/Incoming···_Manager

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

Panama City, FL

Great. Thanks PPT.

junebug1701

join:2010-01-15
Baton Rouge, LA
reply to PhonePwrTech

said by PhonePwrTech:

The character that is used to express wildcards will be ?. So the syntax to block all 888 numbers would be as follows.

888???????

I am trying to do this but it won't allow me to enter the question mark in the field.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member

Panama City, FL
Reviews:
·Knology

junebug, it works for me. Make sure you DON'T add any extra characters or spaces. Just the 10.

This = 849???????

worked for me to add as a reject item. (Not 849-???-???? or (849) ???-????, etc.)
--
Certified Jenius!

PhonePwrTech

reply to junebug1701

junebug1701 you may want to check out the Phone Power forums at

»www.phonepower.com/forum/

There is a whole section devoted to the beta test.

»www.phonepower.com/forum/forum.php?id=34