Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to darcilicious

Re: Live Coverage of Apple's September 12th New iPhone

said by darcilicious:

said by ptrowski:

Just not anything that screams buy me. I will be sticking with the 4s.

I hear ya but I still have a 4 so...

I have a 3GS, but I'm not interested in buying all new accessories.
I have a few months left before my contract is up, I'll wait for see if they can Jailbreak IOS6 and the Iphone 5 by then.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to ptrowski

said by ptrowski:

I'm on the 3GS, so it's definitely time for an upgrade. Whether it's the iPhone 5, 4S or Galaxy S3, that's to be determined.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to darcilicious

said by darcilicious:

said by ptrowski:

Very true. My wife has a 4, typically I get the new one and she takes my current phone.

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

said by darcilicious:

said by ptrowski:

I have a 3GS, but I'm not interested in buying all new accessories.

Every other company in the world uses the standard micro usb. Blackberry, windows, symbian, android, firefox, ubuntu, tablets, kindles. Maybe you'll prefer one of those.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
reply to Rob

The galaxy 3s is where I am most likely headed next.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob

And still, no multiple signatures in the mail app. Really Apple? Really? You tout this as a "persona; and work" device, yet make it nearly impossible sometimes.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

Every other company in the world uses the standard micro usb. Blackberry, windows, symbian, android, firefox, ubuntu, tablets, kindles. Maybe you'll prefer one of those.

I may go that route yet.

We'll see.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

1 recommendation

reply to not quite right

Click for full size
AirPlay mirroring FTW!

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Rob

quote:
"iPhone 5 is now the best phone we've ever made..."

Yes, it's the best phone that Apple has ever made -- but one that other mfg's made a few years ago!
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

Click for full size
It looks like the 4/S stretched.

They're really relying on the fanbois and girlz to be gobbling it up, unless there is a 5s by spring, I might end up going Android also.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to not quite right

Same price points as the 4S, 4S is now $99 and the 4 is free.
They start shipping on the 21st.

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to not quite right

Nothing groundbreaking. Wasnt really expecting much that was major. Either way, time for a new phone.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to ptrowski

said by ptrowski:

Its a nice phone, but i played around with it and its just so god damn big... Not sure if I could get used to it...

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

said by HiVolt:

said by ptrowski:

Its a nice phone, but i played around with it and its just so god damn big... Not sure if I could get used to it...

A buddy of mine got one, had to replace it 3 times, if he jumped to wifi he'd lose all Cellular service, it is pretty big at 4.8" though.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

Nothing groundbreaking. Wasnt really expecting much that was major. Either way, time for a new phone.

With all the changes in the market, in last year, there should have been a ground breaking product. Like I said, they're relying on the rabid fans to buy thier products no matter what.
--

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

Ive used a few Android phones. It's not necessarily Apple that's keeping me there. It's the hell that is poorly designed Android interfaces. Holy shit, do they suck!
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Snore, new iTunes...

Wake me up when i can wifi sync without the pig running.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

Ive used a few Android phones. It's not necessarily Apple that's keeping me there. It's the hell that is poorly designed Android interfaces. Holy shit, do they suck!

I played with my buddies S3 it's not bad if you ask me. With ICS installed and Jellybean should be out soon, it's getting more mature.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

Snore, new iTunes...

Wake me up when i can wifi sync without the pig running.

Looks we've figured out a way to make it even more convenient to extract you from your money.

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to elwoodblues

And who knows what phone can upgrade? Talk about random upgradability. Just sad.
--

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
reply to not quite right

I don't understand why Apple doesn't live-stream these events. Their audience would be much bigger.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

And who knows what phone can upgrade? Talk about random upgradability. Just sad.

That I agree with, they are still flogging low (and overpriced) tablets with 2.2 installed.

That's the one thing Apple/RIM and MS have going for themselves. Controlling the sw and hardware has allowed them to make an integrated product.

Wait till the BB10's come out, I think you'll be impressed. I played with one this weekend. Very "iphoneish" looking.
--

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

Still no AWS bloody Apple.

Yup i guess we'll never be able to get it on Wind unless Wind deploys LTE at some point.

Yeah how annoying. Guess we're(most of us) are stuck with the big 3

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to elwoodblues

The Blackberry ship sailed and sank a long time ago. Maybe if they didnt run everything through one fuckin NOC that takes a dive 2x a year.
--

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to yabos

said by yabos:

said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

Still no AWS bloody Apple.

Yup i guess we'll never be able to get it on Wind unless Wind deploys LTE at some point.

Yeah how annoying. Guess we're(most of us) are stuck with the big 3

I'm not fussy about the phone as the carrier, right now Wind is only 5 bucks cheaper/month then I currently pay, the unlimited sounds great, till you realize you don't need it.
--
Expand your moderator at work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

Re: Live Coverage of Apple's September 12th New iPhone

said by The Dv8or:

The Blackberry ship sailed and sank a long time ago. Maybe if they didnt run everything through one fuckin NOC that takes a dive 2x a year.

Not yet, by May/June next year if the BB10's don't take off then yeah.
--

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TamaraB

said by TamaraB:

I don't understand why Apple doesn't live-stream these events. Their audience would be much bigger.

This has always bothered me too. Google streams everything on youtube. At 720p. It's great.
Does quicktime not have a way to stream?

--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

And still, no multiple signatures in the mail app. Really Apple? Really? You tout this as a "persona; and work" device, yet make it nearly impossible sometimes.

Actually you can have a signature per account with iOS 6 if you'd like.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to not quite right

New Nano, and the new connector is going across the product line.