share rss forum feed

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
reply to not quite right

Re: Live Coverage of Apple's September 12th New iPhone

I don't understand why Apple doesn't live-stream these events. Their audience would be much bigger.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

said by The Dv8or:

And who knows what phone can upgrade? Talk about random upgradability. Just sad.

That I agree with, they are still flogging low (and overpriced) tablets with 2.2 installed.

That's the one thing Apple/RIM and MS have going for themselves. Controlling the sw and hardware has allowed them to make an integrated product.

Wait till the BB10's come out, I think you'll be impressed. I played with one this weekend. Very "iphoneish" looking.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to HiVolt

said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

Still no AWS bloody Apple.

Yup i guess we'll never be able to get it on Wind unless Wind deploys LTE at some point.

Yeah how annoying. Guess we're(most of us) are stuck with the big 3

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO
reply to elwoodblues

The Blackberry ship sailed and sank a long time ago. Maybe if they didnt run everything through one fuckin NOC that takes a dive 2x a year.
--
You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to yabos

said by yabos:

said by HiVolt:

said by elwoodblues:

Still no AWS bloody Apple.

Yup i guess we'll never be able to get it on Wind unless Wind deploys LTE at some point.

Yeah how annoying. Guess we're(most of us) are stuck with the big 3

I'm not fussy about the phone as the carrier, right now Wind is only 5 bucks cheaper/month then I currently pay, the unlimited sounds great, till you realize you don't need it.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......
Expand your moderator at work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to The Dv8or

Re: Live Coverage of Apple's September 12th New iPhone

said by The Dv8or:

The Blackberry ship sailed and sank a long time ago. Maybe if they didnt run everything through one fuckin NOC that takes a dive 2x a year.

Not yet, by May/June next year if the BB10's don't take off then yeah.
--

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to TamaraB

said by TamaraB:

I don't understand why Apple doesn't live-stream these events. Their audience would be much bigger.

This has always bothered me too. Google streams everything on youtube. At 720p. It's great.
Does quicktime not have a way to stream?

--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

yabos

join:2003-02-16
London, ON
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

And still, no multiple signatures in the mail app. Really Apple? Really? You tout this as a "persona; and work" device, yet make it nearly impossible sometimes.

Actually you can have a signature per account with iOS 6 if you'd like.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to not quite right

New Nano, and the new connector is going across the product line.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
kudos:1
reply to not quite right

The "it's the best xxx we've ever created" comments make me laugh. Isn't that a given? I mean, if a company puts out a new product and believes it's not the best yet they should be shot, lol. And yes, I know not all latest products are the best, I just mean the company must believe it is. So why say it for every damn thing you launch? Best iPhone yet, best Nano yet... come on. Get a new script.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

TamaraB
Question The Current Paradigm
Premium
join:2000-11-08
Da Bronx
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Clearwire Wireless
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

This has always bothered me too. Google streams everything on youtube. At 720p. It's great.
Does quicktime not have a way to stream?

Of course. I am surprised Apple has this closed off to in-person, on the west coast. I might attend such an event if it was here on the east coast, but I would never fly across the country.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia

1 recommendation

reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

The "it's the best xxx we've ever created" comments make me laugh. Isn't that a given? I mean, if a company puts out a new product and believes it's not the best yet they should be shot, lol. And yes, I know not all latest products are the best, I just mean the company must believe it is. So why say it for every damn thing you launch? Best iPhone yet, best Nano yet... come on. Get a new script.

Right on cue. "The Best Ipod Touch we've ever made".
--

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

And now"It's the best iPod touch we've ever made." OMG, lol
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3
reply to yabos

said by yabos:

said by Rob:

And still, no multiple signatures in the mail app. Really Apple? Really? You tout this as a "persona; and work" device, yet make it nearly impossible sometimes.

Actually you can have a signature per account with iOS 6 if you'd like.

Really? That's awesome. Finally!
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Nezmo

said by Nezmo:

said by Nezmo:

And now"It's the best iPod touch we've ever made." OMG, lol

You missed the "Best Nano" they've ever made.
--

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

Hah, iPod touch has a camera that ISN'T flush with the case!!!

Steve Jobs is currently turning in his grave.

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to not quite right

The new EarPods are gonna force you to pay attention to the L vs R. I do anyway, but now everyone has to.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

1 recommendation

reply to not quite right

"EarPods are designed to direct sound into the ear."

Revolutionary stuff Apple.
--

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

said by Alcohol:

"EarPods are designed to direct sound into the ear."

Revolutionary stuff Apple.

No one else has done it.
--

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to not quite right

and.... ""The best iPods we've ever done."

Brilliant.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
reply to not quite right

So they had to bring in the Foo Fighters to liven up an underwhelming announcement. Weak.

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

What do you expect from Apple events that always include 'magical and revolutionary', the same scripts, the same actors, etc?

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO
reply to not quite right

Jesus, you people, its a frickin marketing event. Is there another company that doesnt talk up their shit?
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by The Dv8or:

Jesus, you people, its a frickin marketing event. Is there another company that doesnt talk up their shit?

All of them do but they don't do it with such arrogance.
--

The Dv8or
Premium
Denver, CO

said by Alcohol:

said by The Dv8or:

Yeah they do. Microsoft and VMware both pull the same stuff.
--

alightfoot
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Hilliard, OH

said by The Dv8or:

said by Alcohol:

said by The Dv8or:

Yeah they do. Microsoft and VMware both pull the same stuff.

I bet they don't land the Foo Fighters though...

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to not quite right

I wonder what happened to the no cloning clause.

--

Metatron2008
Premium
join:2008-09-02
united state

It's only cloning if somebody does it to Apple. Try not to look at xerox, unix, features on android such as notifications that were used on ios 5, etc..

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Metatron2008:

It's only cloning if somebody does it to Apple. Try not to look at xerox, unix, features on android such as notifications that were used on ios 5, etc..

True, I guess the onion got this one right
»www.theonion.com/articles/apple-···w,29531/
--