how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

irobertson

join:2012-09-12
Waterloo, ON

[Cable] Sept12 and cable still slow/flaky in Waterloo. Anyone el

Did we ever find out what happened last night? Around 8pm last night my cable internet started going flakey. i.e. no/spotty web, DNS seemed borked. Didnt' check IM but others were reporting that was still working. Silly me, I refreshed my DCHP lease and was then dead in the water. Tether time.

FF to this am, and things are working, albeit very slowly/laggy. Speedtest just showed 2Mbps down. Are others seeing this as well? Any updates from TSI?

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24

Re: [Cable] Sept12 and cable still slow/flaky in Waterloo. Anyon

Did you call TSI and ask what happened? (or maybe talk to them in Direct Forum)

From what i see, issues in K-W are just starting. (again)
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

GojuKid

join:2001-01-28
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to irobertson
I was also down last evening but have no problems now. On the 28/1.

Taylortbb
Premium
join:2007-02-18
Kitchener, ON
reply to damir52
said by damir52:

From what i see, issues in K-W are just starting. (again)

I'm pretty sure last night was an exception. The kind of thing that causes a routing failure is unrelated to capacity, except to the extent someone doing an upgrade could accidentally knock something out. Every other day this week my internet was fine all evening, including getting full speed.
--
Taylor Byrnes

damir52
SFRJ
Premium
join:2003-05-24
This person is complaining about speed issues as well.
--
www.urimage.net - Free Image Hosting

kabes

join:2010-05-14
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to irobertson
Mine was out for approx 2 hours last night and came back suddenly without having to reboot the modem or anything.

It's prime time right now and...

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

1 edit
reply to irobertson
I think something is still wrong with my connection/KW POI after last night's outage. I was having terrible speeds (Sub 3Mbps down few minutes ago), power cycled the modem and speeds are still bad. Up until yesterday my speeds where phenomenal at all hours of the day. I live in an area of Kitchener where there is not a mass of college or university students so I don't see this as a prime time issue.

Even my upload is screwed up, and that is normally rock solid. This is on the 28/1 package.

Nagilum
Premium
join:2012-08-15
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
It must be specific to you and/or your local node.

No problems here.

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to creed3020
said by creed3020:

I think something is still wrong with my connection/KW POI after last night's outage. I was having terrible speeds (Sub 3Mbps down few minutes ago), power cycled the modem and speeds are still bad. Up until yesterday my speeds where phenomenal at all hours of the day. I live in an area of Kitchener where there is not a mass of college or university students so I don't see this as a prime time issue.

Even my upload is screwed up, and that is normally rock solid. This is on the 28/1 package.

Is there anything off in your signal stats?

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to irobertson
Here's the weird thing, I ran some more tracerts, pings, and speedtests some time after I posted that and everything went back to normal. I have not seen anything like this since the connection was setup in June so perhaps this was just a one time fluke...

I'll post up some modem stats later just to have a few others eyes look it over.