Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Re: [Classes] 5.0.4 Healing Priest

While prepping for last night's raid, I decided to see how much sustained dps I can manage in disc spec. I was pulling 14k dps on the target dummy (probably closer to 18k dps raid buffed).

HF > Penance > Smitex3> HF > Archangel > Penance > Smitex3 > HF ...

Not a bad way to contribute dps for low dmg phases... my mana regen is still a bit high for lvl85.
Arsinic
join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA

Arsinic

I'm guess you have spirit on all of your gear then? I think my priest needs to unforge all of my spirit back and replace my non spirit pieces with spirit pieces, because I was actually burning through mana pretty quickly while dpsing..

I miss the old attonement healing, I havent healed more than a 5 amn instance since the patch, and I was dual boxxing so that could have been part of the problem.( playing the hunter and dual boxxing the priests spells which cant be efficient)

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

1 edit

Immer

Premium Member

yes, I basically switched to my holy gear, and changed all of my reforges to prioritize mastry and enough haste for the extra renew tick (12.5% at 85) when i'm in holy spec. I have HF glyphed, so the only spells that "suffer" from my lower haste are Penance (we don't get an extra pulse, it just channels faster) and Prayer of Healing (which would be awesome if I could get enough to squeeze in one more during Spirit Shell). Currently, my combat regen sits at 3868.