All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
dsldan
join:2001-11-06
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan to majortom1029

to majortom1029

Re: [OOL] Is this how OOL does wireless????

No. It's an office. The public has as much right to use the wireless as they would to just walk in off the street and use the copier. And no, the owner is not my boss. Everyone seems to get their exercise jumping to conclusions.

xirian
Premium Member
join:2003-01-26
Beacon, NY

xirian

Premium Member

said by dsldan:

And no, the owner is not my boss. Everyone seems to get their exercise jumping to conclusions.

No, you're just splitting hairs trying to find someone to validate that you should try and use it for your own use. If you never have any outsiders in the office who might benefit from it then have them remove it.
TheWiseGuy
Dog And Butterfly
MVM
join:2002-07-04
East Stroudsburg, PA

1 recommendation

TheWiseGuy to dsldan

MVM

to dsldan
said by dsldan:

Everyone seems to get their exercise jumping to conclusions.

Nope. Cablevision has a vast number of Business installations. Most do not have OOL hotspots installed. What people are trying to figure out is why an install occurred at this location since Cablevision does not simply go into someplace without the owners permission and install Hotspots, yet you claim it happened here, so we are politely trying to figure why it could have occurred and politely not just saying you are full of __.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to dsldan

to dsldan
Click for full size
Here's an example of an indoor hotspot. All those blue icons are where Cablevision has installed indoor hotspots for their use of their customers.
dsldan
join:2001-11-06
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan to TheWiseGuy

to TheWiseGuy
Well put.

Well I'll grant you they didn't break in at gunpoint.

Like I said, the owner was not there. The staff, seeing the installer was not wearing a goalie mask or carrying a chain saw, let him go about his business. Whether CV actually explained what they were up to is highly doubtful. I would not call that informed consent. The owner was sure as hell surprised when he got back, especially when he learned his WiFi network was down due to the interference.