inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX to b10010011

to b10010011

Re: help - 400 songs to listen to and save ones I like

said by b10010011:

Well you could just listen to them one by one and delete the songs you do not like as you go.

I am not sure what you were hoping for?

OK here is the issue - I am listening to all the songs - and when I hear the one that I like - I want to save it or move it to "SAVE folder ... but I can't do that while WinAmp is playing it...

so there are dozens of way to do it ... like I could maybe edit the ID3v1 info - like add "qqq" and then use a software to extract ones that have "qqq" in it...

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

COPY the song(s) that you like to another folder. When done, delete the original folder.

Crash Gordon
Zero Tolerance For Stupid
join:2004-06-08
Smyrna, GA

Crash Gordon

That and maybe break the whole 400 songs in to groups of 25-30 (unless they're alphabetical) then just do A-C, D-F and so on. Make it a manageable number so you "feel" like you're making some progress, and soon enough you'll be through.

Also you don't have to listen to each one all the way through, at first anyways, you can check it for audio/ripping errors later. That might save ya some time going through the keep/check later/shitcan sorting system.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to inGearX

Premium Member

to inGearX
said by inGearX:

OK here is the issue - I am listening to all the songs - and when I hear the one that I like - I want to save it or move it to "SAVE folder ... but I can't do that while WinAmp is playing it...

When you hear to a song you don't want, delete it as soon as you exit out of Winamp.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011 to inGearX

to inGearX
Using Windows7 file manager, Explorer(?), or whatever it's called.

I can double click on a song and it will start playing in Windows Media Player.
Turn on the "Preview Pane" and it will play right in Windows Explorer

While it is still playing I can move the song file to another directory.

You might have to adjust your file associations temporally to set WMP as the preferred player.