Fire Hazard no Ground?

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham

Premium Member

That's the same ONT, I believe, that is down in my basement...without going down there to look at is. Mine is grounded. As yours should be.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave to brianiscool

MVM

to brianiscool
That ONT is not properly powered nor grounded. It looks like the AC outlet has an adapter where the ONT's power cord is plugged into. Very sloppy work by the install technician. You need to call up, and demand a tech return to fix the issue.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

Does that ONT have an internal ground? I didn't see too many of them so I can't remember. If it does and the OP isn't in NY then he may be OK.
Bob99
join:2001-12-07
Teaneck, NJ

1 edit

Bob99 to nycdave

to nycdave
said by nycdave:

It looks like the AC outlet has an adapter where the ONT's power cord is plugged into.

The adapter in the top socket is a charger or power supply for some other device. The loose end of the charger cord is lying on the floor. The ONT is plugged into the bottom socket, under the charger. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Bob99

Bob99 to Pathfinder5

to Pathfinder5
said by Pathfinder5:

Does that ONT have an internal ground?

The ONT looks just like mine, which is an Alcatel-Lucent model I-211M-H. It does not have an internal ground. Mine has a green ground wire running to a ground rod.
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool to Bob99

to Bob99
The top connector is my phone connector. I live in Tampa, Fl.