Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage to Asterix

Premium Member

to Asterix

Re: [iPhone] iPhone 5 - Most anticipated and expensive junk

How difficult was it to get the iPhone working on Straight Talk?

Asterix
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Nazareth, PA

Asterix

Premium Member

said by Black_Mage:

Way too easy. You don't even need an unlocked iPhone. Since its the same network you just removed the AT&T micro-sim and pop in he ST micro-sim. A quick browse to a site which installs a simple ST certificate on it to change the APN on it. That's it !

I jailbroke it and did the APN change manually. More fun
kaila
join:2000-10-11
Lincolnshire, IL

kaila to Black_Mage

to Black_Mage
said by Black_Mage:

Probably easy, but you'd have to live without LTE on Straight Talk as AT&T won't be sharing LTE with anybody for a very long time. If LTE's not important to you, no big deal. Otherwise, Sprint has begun opening up their LTE to MVNO's.

Asterix
Premium Member
join:2002-09-18
Nazareth, PA

Asterix

Premium Member

said by kaila:

said by Black_Mage:

Probably easy, but you'd have to live without LTE on Straight Talk as AT&T won't be sharing LTE with anybody for a very long time. If LTE's not important to you, no big deal. Otherwise, Sprint has begun opening up their LTE to MVNO's.

I presume AT&T will open LTE to other MVNOs as soon as they are fully deployed. LTE is still in its infancy with respects to AT&T network. I give it a year before you can actually find LTE deployed in most areas.

Keep in mind, AT&T does a whole lot of business with MVNOs as a good chunk of their revenue is coming from MVNOs. Its better to lose a customer and see him got to one of thier own MVNOs (as money flows in even then but a bit less) than to lose a customer to Verizon or Sprint.