Found this pet/location reference.

»www.guildwars2junkies.com/2012/0···cations/

--------------

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
What have you guys found other than a bear to be a good tank?

liquoranne

join:2009-01-14
Bears are probably your best bet for taking the hits...their health pools are the highest.

So, for people going more dps, what are you stacking? Can ya get gear with power/prec/condmg or is one lacking? Im still 53, so gear just has 2 stats at the moment. Stacking prec/condmg. Sitting at around 43% crit, which makes the bleeds stack like crazy.

Nesse

join:2009-06-12
Naperville, IL
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

What have you guys found other than a bear to be a good tank?

Boars work pretty well... better than most but still not as good as a bear.

My Forest Spider works well with rangers opting for bows. It tends to keep the mobs at a distance by rooting them in place with webbing and then dotting them up with a poison. The pair make for an interesting combination when swapped in and out.

CdnBass

join:2009-10-14
My main pet, I switch between my Brown Bear and Boar.
With my 2nd pets is the Forest Spider.

Anyone know if there is a healing type pet?

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
said by CdnBass:

My main pet, I switch between my Brown Bear and Boar.
With my 2nd pets is the Forest Spider.

Anyone know if there is a healing type pet?

Moas have a group heal skill, though it's not the F2 skill so you can't control it. Fern Hound's special ability gives regeneration.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

puppy

join:2010-01-28
Do these pets use these healing abilities when they or you are hurt, or just randomly?

I think ranger will be my alt of the day tonight! XD Last night the new thief got to level 9 or something...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I'm loving my ranger. I'm finding for some reason I can take a little more damage than my thief. Killed some brood mother dynamic event last night along with a veteran bandit and a bunch of other bandits that kept spawning all at once. ALmost died a few times but traps, rolling, healing and pew pew pew won in the end. Great fun.

puppy

So I saw in the general thread you are using short/long bows and traps. Which traps and which traits are you using?

Edit: I have a charr ranger but I think I'll remake him into a female human. Cuter and no molass slow running animation...

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Just the fire one and spike ones. My other skill is the dodge one So I pretty much have 3 dodges going into a fight. I forgot to the elite skill name but it's the one that makes you glow all red. You get like crit, power, and speed buffs from it.

puppy

Rampage As One (tm)!

Thanks

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY
reply to puppy
said by puppy:

Do these pets use these healing abilities when they or you are hurt, or just randomly?

I think ranger will be my alt of the day tonight! XD Last night the new thief got to level 9 or something...

The Fern Hound heal is the [F2] ability, so is usable whenever you want (assuming not on cooldown). I haven't used a Moa enough to know how they use the heal from experience, but I read somewhere that they cast the heal only when they're hurt.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
I can't justify being seen with a MOA pet.

puppy

said by I AM:

I can't justify being seen with a MOA pet.

Just name him "Dinner" then you're good to go!