Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 edit
reply to LoPhatPhuud

Re: Norton 2013 Products Released!

Do you experience a delay of any kind with the Norton system tray icon appearing in Windows? There are many complaining about the time it's taking for the icon to show. It doesn't affect protection as that module is loaded at a much earlier state. However, it gives users a mistaken sense of security as the NIS/NAV icon doesn't appear until much later. I thought I would ask as I have remained with NIS 2012 until some application updates come through Live Update.
»community.norton.com/t5/Norton-I···p/797974
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

said by Dustyn:

Do you experience a delay of any kind with the Norton system tray icon appearing in Windows? There are many complaining about the time it's taking for the icon to show. It doesn't affect protection as that module is loaded at a much earlier state. However, it gives users a mistaken sense of security as the NIS/NAV icon doesn't appear until much later. I thought I would ask as I have remained with NIS 2012 until some application updates come through Live Update.
»community.norton.com/t5/Norton-I···p/797974

I've been experiencing that issue with NIS 2013 on Windows 7 (64bit). The NIS tray icon takes about a minute longer to load than any of my other tray icons on startup. I had guessed originally that the service that loads the icon might be set to "delayed startup", as that had been the cause of a similar issue with another program, but it doesn't appear to be the case with NIS. As the icon has no effect on protection, it's not a major issue, but it is a bit annoying.
--
Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so, Brain, but "Snowball for Windows"?

louist
And So It Goes
Premium
join:2001-12-01
Oakland Gardens, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

Have updated 4 of our computers from the 2012 to the 2013 versions. Noted that AFTER successful installations, the first Live updated brings in bot only definitions updates, but a patch that required you to "OPT" to have it installed. Once I did that the load process seems normal and the product is functioning as expected. The 2013 product seems very stable, low resource demands, and proof of pudding, none of these (home machines) have successfully been hit by malware since the Norton 2009 products were installed (updated every year since)
--
regards,

Lou