uniqs

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

iP5 Reservation states 15 days. WTF?

Guess you really couldn't expect it before October. What the hell is this, fifteen days? Is that how long it took you guys for the 4S? Siriously?

»www.rogers.com/web/Roger ··· -_-slot1

bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

It says within 15 days. The first few people will probably get it launch day.

That's the way it goes with highly anticipated hardware.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to pulp46

to pulp46
If you were one of the first to order, you'd likely get it by launch date.

Also, the point of the reservation system is not to ensure you get the phone before everyone else. It's to ensure you don't go from store to store only to realize they don't have it in stock.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

1 edit

BACONATOR26 to pulp46

Premium Member

to pulp46
What they said but also the ship times on Apple's own online store have dropped to 2 weeks now as the initial batch sold out this morning, and carriers tend to get a lower distribution of stock compared to Apple stores.

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

15 days for iPv5? thoght we were thrilled about iPv6?
bluex
join:2005-02-04
Gatineau, QC

bluex to pulp46

to pulp46
The purpose of the reservation system is to give Rogers $50.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

said by bluex:

But they'll now credit that $50 if you don't get it within 14 days! (and 'accidentially' sign you on a contract in advance)

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to pulp46

Premium Member

to pulp46
Is it just me, or did Apple raise the price to $699/799/899 for the unlocked ones?

I am pretty sure they were cheaper, like $649 or something...
bt
canada

bt

Yeah, the price went up for this one.
randomzero
join:2010-03-25

randomzero to bluex

to bluex
said by bluex:

*$40
Which gets credited when the phone ships, to prevent abuse. But they'll give you $50 if you don't get it within 14 days.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

I finally went the Best Buy way (just can't trust Rogers to do anything right) with a $50 deposit. A handy-dandy Black 32GB iP5 is "guaranteed" and waiting for me to walk into the store at 8am Friday morning. The clerk also told me there will be a separate line for preordered customers so as to facilitate quicker exit.

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

guess you guys haven't seen this: »www.cnn.com/2012/09/19/t ··· pt=hp_c3

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

And that's exactly why I went the pre-order route and looked for the most solid offer. Rogers had an iffy 15 days reservation deal, Bell had some other dubious thing etc.... so I went with Best Buy only after I got it in writing they would have one waiting for me on launch day; pre-order folks get the first phones. All those people without pre-orders.... hope you're at the front of the line, and that's the other, secondary line!
pulp46

2 edits

pulp46 to elitefx

Premium Member

to elitefx
There were 3 other people in line at 7:30AM. Doors opened at 8AM and I was out the door with my 32GB Black iP5 at 8:15AM. Thank you Kanata Best Buy, turns out the guarantee pre-order from you was the best option!

bt
canada

bt

said by pulp46:

Thank you Kanata Best Buy, turns out the guarantee pre-order from you was the best option!

Worked for you, but not so much for everyone...

»www.bgr.com/2012/09/21/b ··· october/

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

I'm reading those unfortunate ones (mostly Stateside) are getting a $50 Best Buy gift certificate. LOL!

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to pulp46

Premium Member

to pulp46
Pre-ordered online. Delivered before 11. No line up.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to pulp46

to pulp46
Hey, I'm pretty sure I know the guy with the Tim's cup in his hands. Any chance he was a very loud fellow, very social with a raspy voice?

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

He was a very nice and social fellow but no raspy voice. Ummm, he did mention having kids but no WiFi at work. LOL!
pulp46

pulp46 to BACONATOR26

Premium Member

to BACONATOR26
Ok, but did you get cellular service within 5 minutes of seeing it? LOL Congrats!

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

Not within 5 minutes no but a co-worker did surgery on my spare SIM card and a few hours after Telus' provisioning started working I'm now getting 3G since it's an old card, and I'll be stopping off at the Apple store on the way home to get an LTE sim card.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46 to metalhawk

Premium Member

to metalhawk
said by metalhawk:

Hey, I'm pretty sure I know the guy with the Tim's cup in his hands. Any chance he was a very loud fellow, very social with a raspy voice?

said by pulp46:

He was a very nice and social fellow but no raspy voice. Ummm, he did mention having kids but no WiFi at work. LOL!

Soooooooooo.... was it him?

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

Not sure. The guy I'm thinking of is a former co-worker (since he has changed campus in the last couple of months) and so I can't ask him. He's also a francophone, with a strong accent when speaking english. Does it match?

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Not at all metal, not a hint of French and I'm half French myself. If I had to guess, I'd say he's strictly une tête carrée! LOL
pulp46

pulp46 to metalhawk

Premium Member

to metalhawk
Oh, also... he was buying 2 iP5's, one for his wife.