share rss forum feed

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
reply to J E F F

Re: [EarPod] Apples new EarPod...

Jeff do they make your ears hurt? That was my biggest bitch with the OG Apple Buds, leave them in for few minutes and they turn into mid-evil torture devices.
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ

+1

scooby
Premium
join:2001-05-01
Schaumburg, IL
Reviews:
·ooma
reply to J E F F

Good in-depth reviews of the new IEMs from Apple.

»reviews.cnet.com/headphones/earpods/
»rinchoi.blogspot.com/2012/09/app···ods.html

For free they are much better than the previous IEMs Apple threw in. I tried them today and will be staying with my SoundMagic E10's as my low price set. They are only a few bucks more and sound way better.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
reply to Count Zero

What's the battery life like on those?

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to not quite right

I have the same problems with most phones, these ones seem pretty good so far. They go in different than any earphone I have had. I have to work this morning and I'll have them in for a few hours straight, so I'll repost, but so far so good.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable

I picked up the EarPods today, as my existing ones gave out. Not bad they lasted two years.

So yeah, wow, I'm really impressed. I'm no audiophile, but over the previous apple earbuds, big difference... Very nice increased bass and they are quite clear at rather high volumes.

I don't really like in-ear earphones, they isolate too much sound.

So this is a very good in-between. They seem to fit very well also.
--

rugby
I think I know it all.
VIP
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN
reply to Count Zero

I have problems with in-ear headphones and working out. They keep popping out of my ears.

I just tried out my new earbuds from my 5 and these are NICE. I hated the old ones as they would make my ears ache.

Darkfairy
Aeolus, your daughter flies.
Premium
join:2003-03-17
Tampa, FL
reply to J E F F

I have not heard the new ones. The old Apple earbuds were made by Fostex and were actually a pretty good sounding set of earbuds. Much better than many of the sub-$50 pairs people claimed were superior. The biggest issue I had with them is that they had a lot of distortion. This was made worse at higher volumes. So, my question is, do the new ones fix this? Can you push them harder?

The Apple In-Ear headphones are made by Shure and are not too dissimilar from the E2C. They were also excellent for the price point they were sold at.
--
Fairy Blessings,
Stefanie

J E F F
Premium
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

You can push the harder than the earbuds. These sound a lot better, but I always thought the original earbuds that Apple had were pieces of junk.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

djrobx
Premium
join:2000-05-31
Valencia, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VOIPO
reply to J E F F

I LOVE the new earpods!

They have significantly more bass response than the previous earbuds. I find the overall sound quality to be very acceptable. And, they stay in my ear. They're inexpensive, meaning it's not a big loss if they get damaged.

They are NOT a substitute for in-ear headphones or over-ear/noise canceling headphones. It seems most people who complain about them are looking for that. If I'm out jogging I want to be able to hear the environment around me, so I consider this a feature.

I wish in-ear headphones worked for me (mostly for when I'm on a plane). I've owned a bunch of different brands, and despite trying all of the different attachments, they all fall out of my ears. If I want noise canceling I have to use the over-ear type.
--
AT&T U-Hearse - RIP Unlimited Internet 1995-2011
Rethink Billable.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to J E F F

Finally got a pair. Love them. So much better than the previous ones, at least for my ear. The problem with the old ones for me was that the speaker just blasted against that flat part of my ear that they are sitting next to, whereas these actually send the sound down my ear canal. With the old ones, I'd have to turn my iPhone all the way up to hear anything, and these work perfectly at half volume or less (depending on ambient sound).

These also stay in my ear better.

I will report later on durability, the old ones would only last 6 months or so before losing volume and being kind of unusable.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to skeechan

said by skeechan:

I'm sticking with my Klipsch IMAGE S4s...they're stellar for the price although they don't have any controls built in or anything.

I take it back, after using earpods I prefer them to my S4s, better sound quality and WAY more comfortable.