spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Dlink

@rr.com

DLink DIR-655 Wireless Router And Ubee DVW3201B - NYC

We recently got Time Warner cable package at my apartment and I am trying to set-up my Dlink DIR-655 wireless router to the Ubee DVW3201B modem that comes with the Time Warner package and it does not work.

I have followed the sequence of turning off/on/unplugging/cloning MAC addresses as described in the DLink manual and I never got internet through the router. When I am plugged in through ethernet to the Ubee modem, I get internet just fine.

What do I have to do to get wireless set up? Do I even need Dlink Wireless Router? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Gemutlich

join:2012-06-14

I'm not familiar with the Ubee, but hopefully someone who knows more about it will be able to help you soon. In the meantime, I'll ask a question. People may want to know if that Ubee DVW3201B is a plain modem, or is it a "gateway", i.e., a combination modem and router?

OtherDlink

@verizon.net

I have the same problem with a dlink wbr2310 wirless that worked with my old provider (verision) but cannot work with time warner cable and tue ubee dvw320b... I can get the computer to work directly to it but wont work through the routher... They the cable mode tomday 9/14 and I also live in NYC (brooklyn)
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks