join:2008-09-04
kudos:2
reply to MeDuZa

Re: Google disables SSL compression in Chrome against new attack

said by MeDuZa:

said by Name Game:

Exactly...

Not quite so Exactly.
- Opera(12) has HSTS support. evoxllx is wrong.
- Regarding ECDHE support:

quote:
Opera support Forward Secrecy in the form of the Ephemeral Diffie-Hellman (DHE) cipher suites, but not the Elliptic Curve DHE method Google selected to prioritize (At present Opera does not support Elliptic Curve crypto). Google seem to prioritize the ECDHE and RSA/ARC4 above the DHE methods (there is no DHE_RSA/ARC4 ciphersuite defined, which may explain that part; ARC4 is less costly than AES). AFAICT Google does not support the DHE_RSA methods on their server.

In the list of ciphersuites that Opera sends the server, the DHE_RSA ciphersuites are listed as more preferred than the corresponding RSA ciphersuite, so if the DHE method is not selected it is because the server either does not support the cipher suites (as is the case on google.com), or decided not to select it based on its own list of prioritized ciphersuites.

ECC needs to become the standard already. It is much more efficient than RSA (it uses much smaller keys, but they are equally secure at a smaller size). Instead of a 2048 bit RSA key, you can get equivalent strength from a 224 bit ECC key, which makes it much faster and efficient.
--
Getting people to stop using windows is more or less the same as trying to get people to stop smoking tobacco products. They dont want to change; they are happy with slowly dying inside. -- munky99999

Name Game
Premium
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:7
reply to Mele20

Some people are still using older versions of Opera just like you are still using Firefox versions 4.0.1 28.
You also have the new Sea Monkey 2.12.1 which became available 10 September, 2012 which now has Spdy.
so get an older version
»dev.oldapps.com/seamonkey.php?ol···key=8200

This SPDY thing you are on about trying to destroy Proxo is still funny and the only guinea pigs (no caps needed) I know with Opera are the users who try to get their final releases to work over the years. That's why many stick with older versions. Sound familiar ?
--
Gladiator Security Forum
»www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to MagnusM

I already have older versions of SeaMonkey. I have several versions of every browser.

As for Opera, yes, Opera made a bad decision to try and keep up with other browser makers insane schedule. Since 11.0 Opera has been producing seriously buggy final versions which was never the case before 11.0. But Opera, I suppose, has felt the need to do this. They, like Mozilla, are scared of the crappy Chrome browser. And they have to worry about the vast majority of computer users who like Chrome for the very reasons that most (not you though) knowledge computer users dislike it, and avoid it, or at least use Iron.

The ignorance of the masses has, as usual, forced terrible problems for those who bother to educate themselves. A less rapid release schedule is far superior to the garbage we get now with all the browsers in this insane race to be faster in the release schedule out of the real fear that the ignorant of computer users will believe that only the fastest to release new versions browser is a good one. That, of course, is absurdly ridiculous, and a lie, but it is easy to fool those who refuse to take any responsibility to educate themselves about computers but still insist on using them!
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI

Well I think I am correct in assuming that the highest level of OS you run is XP and maybe still only SP2 and that really limits one to browser choices and even how those choices really run in XP compared how they run on newer OS's offered by Microsoft. Yes many of those other browsers will run on XP and they are advertised that way..but I think in reality they might not be that safe just because of the XP architect.
I have the same problem with so many of my friends and family that I help..but at least they have the latest SP's for XP and then all the other updates to make it as secure as possible.

They are not rocket scientist..and just want two things..to enjoy the internet and all it's features on the sites they frequent..and not to get infected. They don't have time to run and install other plugins or proggies to keep them safe and would not even understand why they need them..so options are limited.
--
Gladiator Security Forum

Name Game
Premium
Grand Rapids, MI
reply to MagnusM

This should be a good tweet to follow to it's final resolution.

Why firefox could not load the css correctly whereas chrome does?
Is there something wrong with the site? Chrome won't let me visit it.
We're investigating Google Chrome and some other services flagging our CDN as suspicious.
FireFox is blocking our CSS on the back end because of the same warning Chrome is displaying.

»twitter.com/VergeSupport

»www.theverge.com/
--
Gladiator Security Forum