spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PaCK Fan
join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

PaCK Fan

G4 HD in On Demand?

Noticed the other night that there is a folder for G4 HD in the On Demand library even though it holds no content. Is this a sign we may be getting G4 in HD?

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

No clue, but I wouldn't expect it. Also, G4 is basically changing again to where it will have no identity and no reason to watch, like SpikeTv.
dmodert66
join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

dmodert66 to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
Yeah, they are going to fashion it into a "GQesque" type channel for men. Meh. Of course I wasn't a fan of G4 anyway. They ruined what used to be a fantastic channel in TechTV (and before that, I think it was called ZDTV).
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by dmodert66:

Yeah, they are going to fashion it into a "GQesque" type channel for men.

So basically a male version of Style?
Reyr
join:2009-01-03
Wilmington, DE

Reyr to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
Best thing on G4 was Bomb Patrol Afghanistan. Superb. But don't even know if they will be doing that again.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
»www.variety.com/article/ ··· 18058863

That was the article. Quite frankly I don't know any "modern males" who give one iota about GQ. But this is NBCUCC and everything they do is a failure.

PaCK Fan
join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

PaCK Fan

Cops reruns on G4 are better than most of the crap being put out by the networks....

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
I never understood why every channel that offers a HD feed does not have a HD folder for On Demand. My understanding is the carriage fee is the same no matter HD or not.

Ike1
join:2012-06-02
Brooklyn, NY

Ike1 to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
said by PaCK Fan:

Noticed the other night that there is a folder for G4 HD in the On Demand library even though it holds no content. Is this a sign we may be getting G4 in HD?

No, I don't think this is a sign of anything -- haven't we already had G4 HD on-demand for a while? Or am I conflating G4 with Fearnet? We definitely get Fearnet HD on-demand and Style HD on-demand even though we don't get the "linear" HD versions of those channels. That's been the case for several months at least. So there's a precedent for getting the HD on-demand folder without getting the regular HD channel.

Andy from CA
Premium Member
join:2008-09-05
Anaheim, CA

Andy from CA

Premium Member

said by Ike1:

said by PaCK Fan:

No, I don't think this is a sign of anything -- haven't we already had G4 HD on-demand for a while? Or am I conflating G4 with Fearnet? We definitely get Fearnet HD on-demand and Style HD on-demand even though we don't get the "linear" HD versions of those channels. That's been the case for several months at least. So there's a precedent for getting the HD on-demand folder without getting the regular HD channel.

In that case give us a Cartoon Network HD folder. [adult swim] is pretty good at filling their folders.

TitusTroy
join:2009-06-18
New York, NY

TitusTroy to dmodert66

to dmodert66
G4 has opted to end two of its long-running series, Attack of the Show and X-Play...both series will continue production through the end of the year, airing their respective final installments in December

»www.tvguide.com/News/Att ··· 082.aspx

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PaCK Fan

to PaCK Fan
Glad VZ didn't waste a HD slot on this Comcast crud channel.