Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

deke40
Premium
join:2003-01-23
Texas

Weather Radar By Coordinates

My old My-Cast could be set up with a detailed map or coordinates.

Is there another one out there like that?

deke40
Premium
Texas

1 recommendation

Found a work around that works fairly well.

At least it puts an x on the spot I want.

»wiki.wunderground.com/index.php/···rdinates

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
kudos:1
reply to deke40
Just out of curiosity.
Why would you want the coordinates?
Geocacher or just a cartography/navigation nut?

I'm both.

deke40
Premium
Texas
When I enter my city, even though it is rather small, it can show I am getting rain when I am not.

Before when I used a goggle type map and put the x right on top of my house is was dead on accurate.

I guess it is my OCD kicking in like having my time synced every morning at 7AM.

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
reply to deke40
If you use WunderMap it goes by lat-lon in the URL. If you zoom it in right where you want it and "Save prefreances" that should do what you want. It'll open on your house every time. As you can see below the Lat/Lon is right there in the URL..

»www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?···97.17682

deke40
Premium
Texas

1 edit
Using my second post link that is basically what I did. I used Google to get my coordinates the substituted them for the ones in the url.

The link you posted is giving me some error pop-ups along with my link.

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL
said by deke40:

The link you posted is giving me some error pop-ups along with my link.

Humm not sure about that but it's possible.. I just set it to Dallas TX since you only give Texas as a location and trimmed off a great deal of the URL (the actual full URL wrapped across 4 lines). I tested the shortened URL to make sure it worked before I posted it. I didn't get any errors, but that doesn't mean you don't, cookies can change how each person see's it. Either way if you get Wundermap setup the way you like it, then "save preferences" or bookmark the link from the link button you should be all set.

Note: as you make changes to the map the URL does not update so you should use the link button on the map it get a new one the way you want it.