Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

Laser Toner deals?

I need to replace one in my Samsung laser. Using Shopbot turns up some places I have never heard of. Anyone buy laser toner at a good price (Staples does not have a good price)?

joeblow3

join:2000-12-27
London, ON
I generally buy mine (Brother MFC9440CN color laser) from Newegg. Seems their price is 20-30% less than some others.

Staples for TN115M is $143.99 whereas newegg is $109.99 and they include delivery and Costco is $114.99.

Just a comparison for you.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to donoreo
I've had decent luck ordering my toner from Grand and Toy online... On the Lexmark cartridge I use, they are pretty compariable to the other options I found...

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to donoreo
I bought several things from »www.123inkcartridges.ca/

Both inks and toners... all work well and great price.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
Direct Canada is one of those other names for NCIX, right? They seem to be the least expensive of names I know, $96.

G&T is the same as Staples at $147
NewEgg is $102
123Ink is $123
NCIX is $117

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
join:2007-12-07
Halifax, NS
kudos:1
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

I'll second that... Buy all my toner for my Brother HL2030 and ink for Canon Pixma IP6700D from them...

I'd check with these blokes for your Samsung Toner....

fkharper

@bell.ca
reply to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

We get all our Toner from there, 10-15 per year, no problems so far. We always get generic brand from them, lasts way longer and way way cheaper.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by fkharper :

said by HiVolt:

We get all our Toner from there, 10-15 per year, no problems so far. We always get generic brand from them, lasts way longer and way way cheaper.

So their generic is ok? It is only $70.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to fkharper
I pay about $25 for my toner for my Brother HL2030 from 123inkcartridges.ca - Staples wants about $90 for 'em....

I'm on my 3rd toner cart and no problems today...

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by vue666:

I pay about $25 for my toner for my Brother HL2030 from 123inkcartridges.ca - Staples wants about $90 for 'em....

Is that the generic one or the Brother branded? I have had problems with generic HP ones in the past at work.

digitalfutur
Sees More Than Shown
Premium
join:2000-07-15
BurlingtonON
kudos:2
reply to donoreo
If you have an alternate printer now, it might be cheaper to buy a new printer when they go on sale. It's like that with HP printers for home use.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to donoreo
Yeah I bought generic from 123, never had any issues. for my brother's 6 ink epson printer, they also seem to last longer than the OEM's.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by vue666:

Is that the generic one or the Brother branded? I have had problems with generic HP ones in the past at work.

Here's the one I purchase....

»www.123inkcartridges.ca/brother-···350.html

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to digitalfutur
said by digitalfutur:

If you have an alternate printer now, it might be cheaper to buy a new printer when they go on sale. It's like that with HP printers for home use.

This is a Samsung multifunction one.

Enough people say they are good, so I will give it a shot. If it sucks, I am taking names!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
reply to donoreo
Laser printers are so cheap, it's cheaper to throw out the printer and get a new one.

But OTOH I have a LJ 5N and I'll toss that when you pry it from cold dead hands

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
said by elwoodblues:

Laser printers are so cheap, it's cheaper to throw out the printer and get a new one.

I used to do close to that. This one is nice, and not real cheap (scanner, copier built in). So I got the 5000 page toner for $70, free delivery.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

I used to do close to that. This one is nice, and not real cheap (scanner, copier built in). So I got the 5000 page toner for $70, free delivery.

I used to do that with $50 inkjets (still I stopped using them), Bought them used the ink, tossed it.. next $50 printer.

A really sad perspective on our society though.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

fkharper

@bell.ca
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

said by fkharper :

said by HiVolt:

So their generic is ok? It is only $70.

haven't had any problems with brother or HP generics, your mileage may vary you should be fine.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

I used to do that with $50 inkjets (still I stopped using them), Bought them used the ink, tossed it.. next $50 printer.

A really sad perspective on our society though.

Lexmarks were the worst, ink cost more! I see Lexmark is going to stop making them now.

I have always used lasers. I do have an ink jet now just for printing photos.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by donoreo:

Lexmarks were the worst, ink cost more! I see Lexmark is going to stop making them now.

I have always used lasers. I do have an ink jet now just for printing photos.

When I was printing the labels on my "Linux Distros", I went through a few epsons. I found a guy down in Detroit who was selling them for less then 1/2 price for the set of 6. Apparently he was buying the printers, using permanent ink solutions for his customers and selling ink cartidges on Ebay.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Irenic

join:2000-05-02
Ottawa, ON
reply to fkharper
I've also used generic supplies for my Brother laser printer from www.123inkcartridges.ca with great success.

The only slight oddity I've had with them was when they shipped my toner and drum in an inside-out twelve pack cardboard beer box, but I'm all for recycling.

FKharper

@bell.ca
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

True, but you get mostly empty toner so back to square one in no time

Bought 4 new lasers last 3-4 weeks, one already ran out according to the printer.

lugnut

@look.ca
reply to donoreo
I've owned a few Samsungs over the years and still do. My experience has been that the first generation of generic toner replacements tend to be a bit buggy but once they iron out the details of fit and finish generics work quite well in them.

I also usually buy all my toners from »123inkcartridges.ca/ but the last time my Samsung Multifunction needed a cartridge »amazon.ca managed to beat them out on price. My advice is to check out Amazon as well.

donoreo
Premium
North York, ON
reply to donoreo
How long does 123 take to ship? It still shows awaiting processing.

vue666
Small block Chevies rule
Premium
Halifax, NS
My experience is the order is shipped within 2 or 3 days...

lugnut

@look.ca
reply to donoreo
Generally when I order before 11 AM on a weekday, I'll have the package in my hand in Mississauga the next day or a day later at most.

However, since you're a new customer they may be waiting for your visa to clear on a first time order.

GoRaptors

join:2011-07-22
London, ON
reply to donoreo
»123inkcartridges.ca/catalog/sear···=11&y=13

I have a black & white Samsung ML-1675 I think

which of those 2 toner cartridges do I want to get?

The $36.99 one or the $76.15 one? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :P!
--
»tinyurl.com/83jhmnc ---> Please comment! Switch from Rogers Prepaid to Wind Mobile?

»tinyurl.com/6pfywwp ---> Please comment! Rogers/Distributel Nightmare!

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada
reply to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I have a HP 4000N
--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

lugnut

@look.ca
reply to GoRaptors
said by GoRaptors:

»123inkcartridges.ca/catalog/sear···=11&y=13

I have a black & white Samsung ML-1675 I think

which of those 2 toner cartridges do I want to get?

The $36.99 one or the $76.15 one? Cheers! Thanks in advance! :P!

It's a no brainer. Unless you print less than 20 pages per month go with the $37 generic.

Or better yet, get it from an Amazon Reseller for $30 even, no tax and free shipping.

»www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B···tion=new

Like I said earlier, unless it's a very recent model of Samsung printer and they're still kicking the bugs out of the generics, generics are the way to go.

GoRaptors

join:2011-07-22
London, ON
I feel more confident in going with the 123 that's the 1/toner cartridge you originally recommended me when you recommended me the current samsung printer I have! xD! :P! ! Cheers! Thanks for the advice I super appreciate it! :P! ! xD!