join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo

Re: Laser Toner deals?

said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

Laser printers are so cheap, it's cheaper to throw out the printer and get a new one.

But OTOH I have a LJ 5N and I'll toss that when you pry it from cold dead hands

I used to do close to that. This one is nice, and not real cheap (scanner, copier built in). So I got the 5000 page toner for $70, free delivery.

I used to do that with $50 inkjets (still I stopped using them), Bought them used the ink, tossed it.. next $50 printer.

A really sad perspective on our society though.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

said by donoreo:

said by elwoodblues:

Laser printers are so cheap, it's cheaper to throw out the printer and get a new one.

But OTOH I have a LJ 5N and I'll toss that when you pry it from cold dead hands

I used to do close to that. This one is nice, and not real cheap (scanner, copier built in). So I got the 5000 page toner for $70, free delivery.

I used to do that with $50 inkjets (still I stopped using them), Bought them used the ink, tossed it.. next $50 printer.

A really sad perspective on our society though.

Lexmarks were the worst, ink cost more! I see Lexmark is going to stop making them now.

I have always used lasers. I do have an ink jet now just for printing photos.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

Lexmarks were the worst, ink cost more! I see Lexmark is going to stop making them now.

I have always used lasers. I do have an ink jet now just for printing photos.

When I was printing the labels on my "Linux Distros", I went through a few epsons. I found a guy down in Detroit who was selling them for less then 1/2 price for the set of 6. Apparently he was buying the printers, using permanent ink solutions for his customers and selling ink cartidges on Ebay.