All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to Jack_in_VA

to Jack_in_VA

Re: What's reasonable to expect in this case?

said by Jack_in_VA:

A shorted compressor IMO does not cause the damage to other equipment you describe. How do you plan to convince the AC Manufacturer the damages are their responsibility? I would fight you in court. Compressor yes, other no.

In that logic, the furnace manufacturer cannot claim the damage was done by another appliance.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

said by Jack_in_VA:

A shorted compressor IMO does not cause the damage to other equipment you describe. How do you plan to convince the AC Manufacturer the damages are their responsibility? I would fight you in court. Compressor yes, other no.

In that logic, the furnace manufacturer cannot claim the damage was done by another appliance.

That's correct, which is why I'm caught in the middle. Both sides have a vested interest in blaming the other.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo
All is needed is to prove how a shorted compressor caused the control board and blower fan to "burn" up some time after the compressor failed.

Compressors on Heat Pumps fail all the time. Just turn the condenser unit off/pull the fuses and continue on using strip heaters and fan.