uniqs

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy

Re: [Poll] iPhone 5: Who's pre-ordering tomorrow?

I seem to be unable to check my pre-order status at Verizon. I was able to once see the status as "Pre-order received" but usually it says "Please check the information you have entered. Data may be missing or may have entered an invalid Pre-Order Number or Last Name."

I wouldn't be checking routinely except that I got the confirmation email and I just wanted to be sure it actually went through (I do see the $1 holder on my AMEX from VZW) since I am supposed to ship my old iPhones off to Gazelle as soon as I get the new ones.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to DoLeMiTe

Premium Member

to DoLeMiTe
said by DoLeMiTe:

I have an iPhone 4 and I would like to upgrade to the iPhone 5 but I am poor at the moment. Maybe sometime down the road a little bit I will get one.

You could always get the 4S 16GB for $99

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to easonin

Premium Member

to easonin
said by easonin:

I'm waiting to buy mine in the ATT store where I can get confirmation that i'll be able to keep my (sort of) unlimited plan. I've read conflicting news articles that ATT buried some fine print that will knock me off the unlimited plan if I preorder online.

I think I will wait and visit the AT&T store as well. With my grandfathered unlimited I pay $5/month for 200 text. I hear it's $20/month for unlimited text only now and I'm not paying it. So I need to be there and take care of this and ask other questions.
May just eliminate text all together which will bring it down to under $60/mo.
I've started switching my daily/weekly text to emails today.

I also need to switch my grandpa unlimited to the new 4g LTE 32g iPad soon.My iPad 1 is struggling.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I forget who it was but in another thread they said they ordered from Apple.com instead of AT&T and got to keep their $5 messaging plan. On AT&T, they made me drop it.

BellBoy
Steven Paul Jobs 1955-2011
Premium Member
join:2001-02-20
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

I ordered through Apple's store...

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

1 edit

Majestik to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

I forget who it was but in another thread they said they ordered from Apple.com instead of AT&T and got to keep their $5 messaging plan. On AT&T, they made me drop it.

I found that post. I've read that you can do this order on the Apple store and keep you grandpa unlimited but AT&T but if you make a mistake you lose it and won't get it back. Don't see how it can be that confusing.
Don't need to get the phone right away. Maybe wait until someone receive their first bill that shows $5/month text. Then I may try this.

I've been checking my texting record since July and only 3 text from individuals.The remaining 110 or so texts are daily auto text of balances from banks and credit cards and I think I can switch some of them to email only and still take a quick look from notifications or reschedule the text alerts to once per week I believe. Texting would cost me around $20/year instead of $20/month. Actually this is best for me and not pay a monthly texting fee at all.
Any out of country texting i do is free with an app. Any serious texting in the US I will just use this.
Majestik

Majestik to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy
I'm going to check it out. Doing the math to see if no text plan is cheaper than the $5/month in my situation.

BellBoy
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

Oh yeah baby!

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium Member
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170

skeechan

Premium Member

I wonder if AT&T dawt kaum shipped handsets will arrive on the 21st or SHIP on the 21st.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

My 4S order from att.com was supposed to arrive on launch day (and they typically do), but FedEx screwed up my delivery (they basically just gave up trying to move all the iPhones around so quickly). So barring any shipping delays, you'll get it the 21st.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
Should be delivered on 9/21.

But I'm having doubts about mine now. I ordered through Premiere (can't order through regular), and some are saying that Premiere customers are being put to the back of the line.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

said by Robert:

I'm having doubts about mine now. I ordered through Premiere (can't order through regular), and some are saying that Premiere customers are being put to the back of the line.

Premiere in Russian means stand in (the back of) line.

easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to Majestik

to Majestik
said by Majestik:

said by easonin:

I'm waiting to buy mine in the ATT store where I can get confirmation that i'll be able to keep my (sort of) unlimited plan. I've read conflicting news articles that ATT buried some fine print that will knock me off the unlimited plan if I preorder online.

I think I will wait and visit the AT&T store as well. With my grandfathered unlimited I pay $5/month for 200 text. I hear it's $20/month for unlimited text only now and I'm not paying it. So I need to be there and take care of this and ask other questions.

I ended up ordering mine via Apple dot com and it (supposedly) let me keep my grandpa unlimited plan. But since I don't have a current txt plan, I had to choose the pay per txt "plan". It was that or the $20 unlimited txt plan. Fugg dat. If you're not using iMessage, just call me.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
Ha, I added an extra 'e' by mistake. It's Premier.
quote:

Adjective:
First in importance, order, or position; leading.

That's better

BellBoy
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy to skeechan

Premium Member

to skeechan
said by skeechan:

I wonder if AT&T dawt kaum shipped handsets will arrive on the 21st or SHIP on the 21st.

If iPhone history repeats, they will ship before the 21st...provide an arrival date earlier than the 21st...arrive at holding areas where your shipping status will change back to the 21st and then show up on your doorstep Friday in the afternoon...since they will be slammed with iPhone deliveries.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

The delivery guys will be loving the OT

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage

Premium Member

said by WK2:

Oh yeah. It's amazing how many companies and people make money because of Apple products.

BellBoy
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

said by Black_Mage:

said by WK2:

Oh yeah. It's amazing how many companies and people make money because of Apple products.

Apple Inc.: stimulating your economy since April 1, 1976.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Good one

BellBoy
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

1 edit

BellBoy

Premium Member

Wahoo! I had a hunch that if I'd waited until midnight and checked my order at Apple that I would get a status change. My 5 is in Anchorage!

Edit: check that--mine left AK and is on its way to Louisville. That's where my girlfriend's is now.

tommy3rd
I Am Nuckin Futs
Premium Member
join:2000-03-10
Clifton, NJ

tommy3rd to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
said by Robert:

Should be delivered on 9/21.

But I'm having doubts about mine now. I ordered through Premiere (can't order through regular), and some are saying that Premiere customers are being put to the back of the line.

I'm also on a premiere account and I was on the phone waiting for 40 mins before I got an answer. However, they gave me some good news...the lady was like "oh my, you're the first one I've seen today with this status..an actual shipping date with a UPS tracking number." So she gave me the number and it's now showing shipped.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to Black_Mage

to Black_Mage
said by Black_Mage:

said by WK2:

We have a major regional Fedex hub here in Indy and I drive by it daily and I can definitely tell when Apple products are getting here. A buddy works there and they usually double their planes on major product launches by Apple.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy

rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to BellBoy

to BellBoy
I just cancelled my order as it said I wouldn't have it for 2 weeks or so. I will probably hit up a Verizon store tomorrow and just see if they have one.

Chillin
No i7, no care.
Premium Member
join:2002-04-22
Johnson City, TN

Chillin to BellBoy

Premium Member

to BellBoy
Shocked but my iPhones actually shipped.

Never been through so much drama to spend money before. But hey it is what it is.

BellBoy
Premium Member
Los Angeles, CA

BellBoy

Premium Member

Oh yeah...in other news...

I was able to get my 4 unlocked after I pre-ordered. Since AT&T are still being dicks about being able to use international SIMs, now when I travel overseas I can use my 4!

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium Member
NirvanaLand

Coma

Premium Member

I'll have to do that with mine, those AT&T international roaming charges suck mega loads.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to Coma

Premium Member

to Coma
Click for full size
Is my iphone5 the only one coming from the US??

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Did you order from a carrier website?

Sometimes with the carrier-shipped phones, it doesn't show the pallet's journey from China, only the individual phones that have been broken off in a distribution hub.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Pre-ordered from Apple.com