uniqs

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain to Pali

to Pali

Re: Interesting Article (long)

Don't you effing read anything? Obviously it's not just MY opinion. In fact, I don't complain that often. I enjoy playing this game and I've been playing it for over 6 years. I adapt to the changes.

I just attack when I hear someone with no obvious forethought stating some irrelevant personal opinions.

You keep stating what this article is about yet you fail to grasp that the "social aspect" AND new content is what made the game better. You think these two things don't go hand in hand.

Still, the article is spot on. Like you stated, you're a 'Wrath baby,' your opinion means as much as fishing up a copper coin in the Dalaran fountain. You don't know how it used to be.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

If we limit the value of opinions to only those who raided in vanilla, then we'll get the same group think that lead to the article shared by the OP. His opinion isn't worthless, just biased favorably to the current state of wow. I raided in BC, and do not share the opinion of the author of the article, either. The top of the l33t ladder is still there... so is the bottom... there are now just fewer rungs in the mediocre middle.
Pali
join:2009-09-02

Pali to mettachain

to mettachain
All I'm saying is that the people that post on forums do not represent the entire WOW community. People tend to use forums to complain about things, expecially the official WOW forum.

So basing the reasons for subscription decline on forum posts alone could give you incorrect results. Which is why Blizzard uses other statisitics as well as forum feedback.

Everyone that posts on forums usually use opinions. Otherwise it would be boring

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Albion, NY

wapu to mettachain

Premium Member

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

Wherever you came from Pali, go back to there. The article is spot on and my first sentence is 100% true.

said by mettachain:

Still, the article is spot on. Like you stated, you're a 'Wrath baby,' your opinion means as much as fishing up a copper coin in the Dalaran fountain. You don't know how it used to be.

What's with the Pali hate? Do you know him from something?

I agree the article was spot on for many players, even for me as a vanilla player that went years without grouping or going inside a dungeon. I always wanted the elite gear, but didn't have the time to commit to getting it. I do like being able to go back and do the old content and see it now. I can imagine how tough it was then as I one shot all the trash mobs in the Mana Tombs.

One thing the article did leave out was Thottbot. That was the best site for a long time. It also failed to mention how fun it was to run for 30-40 minutes to find a new flight path and how awesome it was to run around until level 40 and then use up bag space to hold the mount summoning device. Then questing for a whip and some boots to move even faster.

I think the game has lost some of it's epicness due to how easy it is to get around now. All the flight points are known and I can fly faster than a taxi bird. All of this has lead to faster game progression and when you can do it faster, you get bored with it easier.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain to Pali

to Pali
said by Pali:

A majority of WOW players do not read WOW forums and therefore don't post on them. Some people are more than happy just to go round herbing or crafting or leveling up once a month. Just because you think that your WOW experience is different to how it was in Vanilla doesn't equal reasons why subscriptions are declining.

said by Pali:

All I'm saying is that the people that post on forums do not represent the entire WOW community.

Pali
join:2009-09-02

Pali to Skittles

to Skittles
For the record I think there is room to add 2-3 additional hardcore only bosses which didn't get nerfed. I would probably have fun pounding my face into them once the current content was complete. People could still see them, just not beat them.

It's more likely that blizz don't want to spend the extra money developing for the top 5% player base.

mettachain
Goblineer
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Pali:

I would probably have fun pounding my face into them...

You motor-moating son of a bitch you.