spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Name141

join:2006-09-02

[HN7000S] Will they hijack our FAP Free window too ?

With Gen4 having a hard limitation of a set tiny tiny tiny GBs a month for 1-6 AM (2-7..or what have you) (plus the same amount daily) , will the HN7000S suffer a hard limit soon too to further crunch our all ready limited bandwidth per month we can get out of an $80 service ?

Heh213

join:2012-06-16

Not unless they want to get rid of all their customers :P

I believe it's been made fairly clear that the current plans aren't changing, but if you upgrade to Gen4 I don't think you can downgrade back.

Name141

I can't see Gen4 meeting ANYONES needs, less they buy the 60 GBs (30+30) plan maybe. Even then, youtube would eat that up just about a month.

I must say this was just a huge disappointment in waiting on news for seeing as DSL and cable has 150 GBs a month caps now, and they rambled on about MORE streaming, blah blah.. then BAM! Tiny little caps.

Black Mesa (Source) comes out tomorrow and it's 3.03 GBs, Windows 8 comes out Oct 26th and if the RP or Enterprise is about the same size it'll be 3-4 GBs, steam will have a sale once and a while and depending on the game(ONE game..) it'll be somewhere between 6-15 GBs.. (GTA5 is rumored to hit 35 GBs! (I doubt it though, all though looking at the pictured I don't doubt it too much..if it even comes to PC)).

Then there's only using about 20-25 mins of youtube before you are back to 50% of your 475 MBs on daily bandwidth on the HN7000S .. If you are lucky enough not to be on one of their "fit pulling days" (Where you get about 10-20 KB/sec is all).

Suckers

@direcway.com

If current Hughesnet HN7000 and HN9000 users would simply Refuse upgrading to Gen 4, customers would get what they need.

In addition getting the word out to possible new customers Not to subscribe to Gen 4 , would Force HughesNet to compete in the market!

It would only take 1 or 2 quarters and they would Comply as share holders would get nervous and may sell!

But as always, there are consumers that have more money than common sense!

So spread the Word Name141!

silbaco
Premium
join:2009-08-03
USA
reply to Name141

They won't get rid of FAP free for existing customers. It would be way too messy and would no doubt stir some legal troubles for those under contract.

said by Name141:

I can't see Gen4 meeting ANYONES needs, less they buy the 60 GBs (30+30) plan maybe. Even then, youtube would eat that up just about a month.

I must say this was just a huge disappointment in waiting on news for seeing as DSL and cable has 150 GBs a month caps now, and they rambled on about MORE streaming, blah blah.. then BAM! Tiny little caps.

Black Mesa (Source) comes out tomorrow and it's 3.03 GBs, Windows 8 comes out Oct 26th and if the RP or Enterprise is about the same size it'll be 3-4 GBs, steam will have a sale once and a while and depending on the game(ONE game..) it'll be somewhere between 6-15 GBs.. (GTA5 is rumored to hit 35 GBs! (I doubt it though, all though looking at the pictured I don't doubt it too much..if it even comes to PC)).

Then there's only using about 20-25 mins of youtube before you are back to 50% of your 475 MBs on daily bandwidth on the HN7000S .. If you are lucky enough not to be on one of their "fit pulling days" (Where you get about 10-20 KB/sec is all).

Windows 8 is designed to be more integrated with "the cloud" so it will make consuming more GBs even easier. But I would say by comparison that Fedora eats even more GBs with their excessive amount of updates.

Name141

I was more referring to the ISO download once you purchase it.

»windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind···-preview . I'm hoping to get a Full one so I don't have to buy Windows 7 OEM and have it tied to the motherboard.

But that's off topic..

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Name141

said by Name141:

Forget YT videos and such... Steam does a whole lot more damage to FAP zone, I downloaded over 100GB worth of data a month ago for my steam games that i bought that were also on sale. I seen how steam downloads and then watch how YT videos download, Steam does a whole lot more.

I don't know what they were really thinking when they made these plans but they seem ok and only ok... Take a good look at 7000 modem and the plans, now take a look at 9000 modem plans.. They kinda reset everyday, slowly absorbing the allowance back also. Now take a look at 9200, totally different from the others and with much larger tokens of up to 30GB, thats only a quarter of bandwidth that i download within a month just after purchasing about 6 steam games.
--
HN7000S/ 1 watt/ pro plus edition/ 4 pc's on a D-Link wired router/ 1-2 pc's on wireless D-Link router with password