share rss forum feed

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to ravenchilde

Re: Shaw Unlimited 100

Hey guys,

Hopefully I’m able to shed a bit more light on the subject.

Since launching our new broadband packaging back in May 2011, we’ve been better able to determine what makes sense for the business, while also providing customers with value in terms of data and speed allotment. This change was specific to pricing unlimited data – while the internet product is a function of both data and speed, they really represent two value equations.

As for the bump up program, this is still in the works. We don’t have any additional information on this as it’s just too early to tell. Once I’m given more direction, we’ll be able to address your questions on monthly overages.

Cheers
--
Sean
Shaw Community Manager

rotohoto

join:2012-03-31
canada
kudos:1
I don't think there was any confusion over which plan this impacts. I'd assume most people here realize this is about the 100/250 unlimited tiers.
I think it's safe to say the frustration stems from the fact that when these plans were announced, exceeding your plan limit, even going to the point of getting bumped up to unlimited was a fairly reasonable dollar amount.
This reasonable amount calmed a lot of the people that were up in arms about Shaw's UBB plans that never actually came to pass.

Now that we're getting closer to being able to get these higher packages, the cost from going over your allotment and being put on "unlimited" is massive.
The significant price increase combined with no options in between is what's putting people off.

ravenchilde

join:2011-04-01
kudos:2
Sean's point seems to be that since the bump up program hasn't been initiated yet, and we don't know what it looks like, we don't have the data required to have a logical discussion about it.

I'm sure your feelings about the current information will be noticed.

FastestNOVUS

@datafoundry.com
said by ravenchilde:

Sean's point seems to be that since the bump up program hasn't been initiated yet, and we don't know what it looks like, we don't have the data required to have a logical discussion about it.

I'm sure your feelings about the current information will be noticed.

Yes the bump up program isn't initiated yet, but it has been implied and insisted in these forums by members, it should be fair and on par with global offerings, Shaw's intentions is not fair by any means, nor on par with ANY other ISP globally.

Ikarasu

join:2004-01-09
Port Coquitlam, BC
reply to ShawSean
Wow, so going over 750 GB is going to cost me $200 a month?

Right now I'm hitting 750 - 1 TB a month, in the odd month, on broadband 50. 300-400 GB most months.. And thats with only downloading a couple shows a day, and some Hd movies. Nothing time sensitive. So $190 a month every odd month? No thanks.

Looks like Teksavvys 25 MB / $45 a month unlimited plan is where I'll be going.