All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

DanteX to SkySpy247

to SkySpy247

Re: Caps should be outlawed !

In this day and age bandwidth caps are ridiculous. How can you cap an Infinite resource and then charge an enormously blowing up rate for it?

Where is the protection for the consumer or are corporations allowed to continue milk us with bi annual price increases for service that either degrades or doesn't improve with the cost increases.

Its said that the average user who just uses the net to check email and look at pictures subsidizes the power users who will blow through a 40Gb cap in a few hours but i think that is wrong.

The average user doesn't make full use of the bandwidth available to them so its the average user who should subsidize the power user who pays out the nose for their connections and usage and makes full use of their service.

Why should I have to pay more just so someone like the average user can use their connection sporadically?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz

MVM

said by DanteX:

In this day and age bandwidth caps are ridiculous. How can you cap an Infinite resource and then charge an enormously blowing up rate for it?

Where is the protection for the consumer or are corporations allowed to continue milk us with bi annual price increases for service that either degrades or doesn't improve with the cost increases.

Its said that the average user who just uses the net to check email and look at pictures subsidizes the power users who will blow through a 40Gb cap in a few hours but i think that is wrong.

The average user doesn't make full use of the bandwidth available to them so its the average user who should subsidize the power user who pays out the nose for their connections and usage and makes full use of their service.

Why should I have to pay more just so someone like the average user can use their connection sporadically?

It's not an infinite resource since it's a shared medium. They could phase out capped pricing in favour of an all-unlimited methodology, but then you'd see an increase in price (look at TekSavvy or eBox's unlimited versus capped pricing) to compensate.