spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JustMe

@telus.com

Internet and TV down?

Is Shaw Internet down right now or something? Cause for me in Alberta the modem lights just keep blinking...

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

Which lights? more than 1, is usually a suspension of some kind.

-Posted from my phone.

I'm in Calgary and mine works.

Expand your moderator at work

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
reply to JustMe

Re: Internet and TV down?

If TV & internet are down at the same time, it either means there's an outage in your area, or you've been disconnected at the tap for some reason. Your best bet is to call in to find out which.

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB

Digital TV would be shutdown with authorization same as modem (and often at the same time).

Not enough information to start troubleshooting.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

rustydusty

join:2009-09-29
Red Deer, AB
reply to JustMe

I noticed a hiccup yesterday here in RD. My biz line went down for an hour or so. On a side note, I noticed I forgot to plug the modem into the UPS. Power was fine anyways, but checked everything and that's when I found the goof up.

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
reply to kevinds

regardless of whether it's an auth shutdown, a physical disconnet, or an RF outage, having *both* internet and TV down at the same time is a cause to call into Shaw, not sit on a forum unrelated to the company looking for answers. That's what I was getting at.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to JustMe

Calling because of maintenance will do nothing. I've never had one issue in the past 4 years, so one day with a few disconnects wasn't worrying me too much. Only thing I wish Shaw would do would be to post maintenance events on their page.

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB

Or started sending the emails again like they used to with maintence going on, both would be great.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to JustMe

I could see them not doing a large scale mass email to specific email addresses. Posting outages on the site with a simple note as to which area is under maintenance, who all is affected, services, etc, would be extremely simple yet very effective.

shawuser22

@telus.com
reply to JustMe

I am down in downtown Calgary.....called support...truck roll for Sunday morning

I dont have TV so cant comment on that.

I am sure it was working last night.. and think it was working this morning

kevinds
Premium
Calgary, AB
reply to rustydusty

I was thinking advanced notice, then I can reschedule overnight scripts ahead of time, instead of having to sort through failure messages.

-Posted from my phone.

rustydusty

Red Deer, AB
reply to JustMe

A simple page could post current unplanned outages, and future planned outages for maintenance. I just think that would be much easier than sending emails, trying to figure out who falls into which area, what their email is, etc. One map, showing current and future outages, what services, and who all should be affected whether it Residential or Biz.