spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

[iO] iO Search Completely Revamped/Updated

The iO Search function got updated on Monday but I forgot to post anything about it.

It has an updated interface, much more versatile and user friendly on top of quick for the most part. The main menu you can keyword search, browse by category, any saved searches you might want to keep which is now retrievable from any cable box on your account (one downside to this I'll get to in a moment), can search for any title and find it seamlessly along with others like it along with it's cast (though it doesn't indicate which actor plays who...a bit pointless).

The downside to the saved searches area is that in it's previous form I was able to save a good 50 or so items maybe more...this updated iO Search only saves 20 max. Pretty useless to me with how many boxes in the house and people who would want to save all their own shows/movies on it.
kickass69

1 edit

kickass69

Who else used the Search function before and had alot of programs saved only for them to get removed during the transition?

Plus who else hates the limit on searches/programs you can save limited to only 20 for an entire household?

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Didn't have any saved, nor do I mind the 20 total. I understand how you feel though.

Just wanted to comment that this looks like a precursor to how they might update the entire GUI.

Definitely user friendly.

I wonder if Cablevision is ever going to update their GUI so that it covers the entire width of HDTVs. It's funny, whenever they have a commercial showing a new 'onscreen' feature, it's always full-width. So they obviously know that looks better.

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I was assuming their new GUI would look like the layout of the Optimum App, I guess it looks similiar. Plus yes the new GUI from what I've heard will be widescreen for HD boxes.
Bob4
Account deleted
join:2012-07-22
New Jersey

Bob4 to kickass69

to kickass69
You can save searches? And why would you want to?

kickass69
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

1 edit

kickass69

To see if any particular show/movie I watch is on that I like. It's been easier to save them all under their Search function so I can determine if anything in my list was coming on vs going through the guide.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Can someone please post a pic

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert

Premium Member

Click for full size
New Search UI
said by WK2:

Can someone please post a pic

Not the best quality, but you get the picture.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Thanks