how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

hmrp

join:2012-09-13

'Summit X450e' Admin account password forgot :(

Hi All,

We installed one Extreme Network's 'Summit X450e-48p' switch in our organization. Unfortunately, we forgot it's admin account password and we don't have any other account on this switch to work on it.

Anybody to guide us how to break admin account password for a Summit switch. We don't want factory reset.

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN
said by hmrp:

We don't want factory reset.

Sorry, but odds are that's what you're going have to do. This is why documentation and standardization are important. Being able to break the admin account kind of defeats the purpose of having one.
--
Want the shirt? - »www.despair.com/thedestructor.html
Not afiliated or making any profit from sales

cablegeek01

join:2003-05-13
USA
kudos:1
reply to hmrp
I haven't logged into an XOS switch in years, but there may be a way. You can try going into bootrom (connect a laptop via the console connection, and hold down the space bar upon boot up). From there, you may be able to upload the existing config via TFTP to a computer, and read the password. if that's not possible, you'll have to default it. (config none)

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
kudos:1

2 recommendations

reply to hmrp
i wouldn't worry about resetting the switch.

it can't be that large/important of an organization if nobody took the time to document something important like that.

HELLFIRE
Premium
join:2009-11-25
kudos:18
reply to hmrp
Short of running a dictionary attack on the thing, I think you're pretty much SOL hmrp.

What's the manufacturer say about this? Higher end gear generally allows you to break into a default config
without wiping the existing config, but having never worked with Extreme before, I can't specifically comment
on them.

Regards