uniqs
share rss forum feed

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
kudos:1

[iPhone] I got mine - did you get yours?

Got my pre-order in around 5am edt. No delay no issues.

Looks like Apple added the backend capacity to their SAP environment to make ordering smooth sailing - either that or I am the only one ordering one
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:3

I ordered through AT&T. Although the order screen was confusing (it took off some my features, such as texting plan, etc), but I did get my order in after adding back those features.

Now I need to order a case & screen protector -- will probably order the case online and then go to the Apple store to get the screen protector so they can install it for me.

The screen protector that I have on my 3GS was installed when I bought the iPhone 3GS on release day!
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

Just got my e-mail from AT&T. "Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012." I hope that means I'll get it on Friday!

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH
reply to dellsweig

said by dellsweig:

Looks like Apple added the backend capacity to their SAP environment to make ordering smooth sailing - either that or I am the only one ordering one

What delivery date did your order show? I placed my order about 4:30 EDT and it showed 2 weeks, which is the 28th, not the 21st.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

I did mine at 3am. Apple site didn't update until 3:08am. By that time I was half way done throwing money down Verizon's expensive fire pit.

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
reply to dellsweig

Done deal. 2 iPhone 5's are on their way. Upgraded both mine and my wife's phones (one in each hand) right at mid night via the Apple Store app. Delivery date 9/21/2012
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY
reply to bjf123

said by bjf123:

said by dellsweig:

What delivery date did your order show? I placed my order about 4:30 EDT and it showed 2 weeks, which is the 28th, not the 21st.

Me too - I read it bumped to two weeks sometime overnight - guess first run sold out
--
Nothin' left to do but smile smile smile

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by dellsweig:

said by bjf123:

said by dellsweig:

Me too - I read it bumped to two weeks sometime overnight - guess first run sold out

I read that Apple didn't have as many iPhones in stock and that they gave most of their current inventory to the carriers.
--

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

said by Rob:

I read that Apple didn't have as many iPhones in stock and that they gave most of their current inventory to the carriers.

Wish I know that last night. I would have ordered from AT&T.
--
Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

nokken

join:2001-02-07
Memphis, TN
reply to dellsweig

I think I'm going to wait for the next production cycle.
That way I may be insulated from another potential "antennagate" and I'll be able to talk with a person in-store about my plan and upgrade.

My 3GS is getting long in the tooth.
--
"The key to flying is falling and not hitting the ground."

krazyboi
Premium
join:2008-06-27
Mckinney, TX
reply to not quite right

said by not quite right:

Done deal. 2 iPhone 5's are on their way. Upgraded both mine and my wife's phones (one in each hand) right at mid night via the Apple Store app. Delivery date 9/21/2012

exact same thing I did...

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
join:2007-01-18
Winston Salem, NC
reply to dellsweig

Got mine! Switching to VZW

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom
reply to dellsweig

Click for full size
My phone alarm wasnt loud enough, doesnt help that I worked OT till 10 last night so woke up around 3:45, noticed that apple moved the shipping time to 2 weeks. I then went to AT&T but their website was all screwed up, wouldn't let me upgrade the phone. Tried it a few more times and got errors to call in. I told myself screw it, placed a order via apple.

This is what I think from what I hear. The 1 week phones were located here in the states. The rest are in china and will get shipped from there. Did anyone order a iphone last time? where did it ship from?

I talked to a guy that use to work at fedex. He says that apple reserves a lot of slots with UPS/Fedex to where you can get your phone shipping from china to the US in 2day shipping since they ship via air, not slow boat. If not its cool, I can start shopping for a phone case while its getting made/shipped. hopefully otterbox's are around the corner...
--
(Insert political rant here)

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom

Just preordered my otterbox case.

»www.otterbox.com/iPhone-5-Defend···-5-cases
--

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to dellsweig

Upgraded my wife's line last night. AT&T store launched early, but showed incorrect data services on my account so I held off and waited for the Apple store to come up. When it did, I got through hassle-free and wound up with a 9/21 delivery date. Confirmation email arrived in about 30 seconds.

Most painless iPhone launch preorder I ever went through. Just wish I could've got myself one.
--
"The counsel of fools is all the more dangerous the more of them there are." -Ólafr Höskuldsson

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
reply to Duramax08

said by Duramax08:

This is what I think from what I hear. The 1 week phones were located here in the states. The rest are in china and will get shipped from there. Did anyone order a iphone last time? where did it ship from?

My iPhone 4 preorder done 10 minutes after they went on sale was via AT&T, and it showed as being shipped from an AT&T warehouse in the USA.

My iPad 2 preorder was from Apple 10 minutes after they went on sale, and they drop shipped it from China, 2 days before it was due to arrive.

My guess is that the FedEx flights are full of iPhones going into carrier inventory right now, and the carrier is responsible for logistics after accepting delivery. Tuesday or Wednesday next week flights will shift to carrying direct-deliver customer iPhones and FedEx handles it end to end.

Either way, the phone will come from China.

Annoyingly, the Apple website insisted on feeding me a contract even if I didn't want one. I was planning on buying a no-commitment phone so I could have it unlocked immediately, but it looks like I'll just have to pay the ETF should I need it unlocked. The website also refused to let me ship anywhere other than my AT&T billing address, and simultaneously refused to let me log in with my apple ID, so now I have to call in order to change the address-- a bad thing because my address is hard to say over the phone.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
San Antonio, TX
Reviews:
·Millenicom

Click for full size
anyone else having problems logging into your account?
--

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA

Yep, that's a widespread issue. You can't even call the store either-- they will explain they have very high call volume, and then hang up on you.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to dellsweig

Got mine from AT&T dot kaum at around 00:30 PST. Took a few tries to get through ordering. The next screen button would just refresh the same page. I got sick of having to reenter the payment info after multiple "refreshes" instead of confirming the order. I emptied the cart and started over. Then with just a few "refreshes" go through with a black 64GB unit due to "ship" the 21st, so I guess AT&T didn't plan on actually delivering phones on release day.

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Rob

I got confirmation emails but nothing saying "reserved"...just that my new order has been processed or a date.

said by The Death Star :
Congratulations! With AT&T, you get the nations’ fastest mobile broadband network* and the best coverage worldwide - more phones that work in more countries**.

We have processed your order and it has been sent to our warehouse for shipment.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

I ordered mine through the Premiere website since I'm a Premiere customer:

quote:
Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Thank you,

The Premier Team

--

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170

Ah, I'm a sweep under the floor and stand on their neck customer.

mjf
" "
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-05
New Orleans, LA

My order shows a delivery date of October 5. All the bugs should be resolved by then.

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
reply to Rob

said by Rob:

I ordered mine through the Premiere website since I'm a Premiere customer:

quote:
Thank you for your purchase from the Premier Online Store. We're pleased with your choice of AT&T as your wireless service provider.

Your iPhone has been reserved and should arrive as soon as Sept 21, 2012.

Your order may be subject to AT&T eligibility and credit requirements. If we have any questions about your eligibility or your order, we will contact you via email.

Thank you,

The Premier Team

My premier order states the exact same thing
--
GuruGuy

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
AA169|170
reply to mjf

Wow they're already pushing out 3 weeks on the first day.

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by skeechan:

Wow they're already pushing out 3 weeks on the first day.

Yea -- a friend of mine has Oct 5 and he ordered at like 6AM yesterday morning.
--

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC
reply to dellsweig

Anyone having trouble checking their pre-order status with Verizon?

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
Kendall, FL

said by Count Zero:

Anyone having trouble checking their pre-order status with Verizon?

Some folks over @ macrumors were saying they are receiving a "order not found" error when checking their status through verzion.
--

nunya
Premium,MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
kudos:12
reply to dellsweig

I take it you can't order a "no contract" phone yet. It only gives me the option for the "big three".
--
If someone refers to herself / himself as a "guru", they probably aren't.

Count Zero
Obama-Biden 2012
Premium
Winston Salem, NC

Yeah it'll be a few weeks before those go on sale.