share rss forum feed

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3
reply to ptb127

Re: Service Electric Cable DVR Boxes

I've heard that the eSATA port on the Pace DVR does indeed work to extend the DVR storage space.

The port however does not work on a Motorola DVR. With Service Electric you could get a Motorola or a Pace DVR. Whatever they have is what you get.

Tivo Premiere would blow away any iGuide based cable box (Moto or Pace). Plus with the Tivo it's not just better graphics, its features like streaming, remote DVR programming, smartphone / iPad app, and Service Electric doesn't offer any of that.

If you have an older Series 3 Tivo, or an SD Tivo, then yeah maybe the Pace DVR is worth a shot... but if you have the latest Tivo there's no comparison. The software they run sucks so bad and that's the primary reason I'm with DirecTV for that and only use Service Electric for Phone and Internet.

ptb127

join:2012-09-09

I have a premiere TiVo that has been upgraded with a 2TB HDD. I have some stutters and freezes with the software that makes me want to pull my hair out. I know SECV does not have the best DVR'S.. but just don't want to deal with the freezes and stuff of that nature.

cypherstream
Premium,MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
kudos:3

I don't know if you would be interested but DirecTV has a real nice DVR. Let me know I will PM you my acct number and refer a friend number. We would both get $100 in bill credits if you sign up under me. That's $10 off a month for 10 months. Plus your new customer deals and free NFL sunday ticket... might be worth a look just for kicks.

I love it. The DVR is fantastic. Much more storage space and a real nice UI.