Search similar:

uniqs

Madness
Like a flea circus at a dog show
join:2000-01-05
Lynn, MA

Madness

[billing] Went up 3 bucks! :þ

Was $31.99, now $34.99 (bundled w/ phone; that went up too!). Anyone else?
Youngblood
join:2009-07-02
Nokesville, VA

Youngblood

Ayup, here too.

3Mbps service with POTS sans LD, btw.

It spurred me to finally take them up on (take a chance on) their Double Play Package w/Regional Essentials ($44.99).

It was "activated" a week ago ... so far, so good.
Youngblood

Youngblood

Billing for my new Plan has now settled down.

My monthly bill was $74+ (after the quiet $3 increase) and now it is $55+. This year I will save $228 with the new Plan. BTW, apparently, the new rate includes a $5/mo discount that will continue for a year.

I have continued my habit of monitoring and logging thruputs morning & evening and I have experienced no changes in the speed patterns since the change.

nemodomi
join:2009-04-12
Reading, PA

nemodomi to Madness

to Madness
yep. just received my notice. is $33.99, to be $38.99. yeah, that's "only" 5 bucks per month, but a 15% increase for *what*?! outrageous and nervy. makes a switch to comcast that much more of a no-brainer. seeya verizon meh.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim to Madness

Premium Member

to Madness
Mine is scheduled to increase $5.

I just got notice that my dry loop in Delaware was going from $37 to $42. The reason stated is "to maintain our broadband networks, from time to time we need to increase our rates".

It looks like the big red V is really on a money grab these days. First the ridiculous pricing on the share everything wireless plans and now this grab.

As nomodomi says, Comcast is looking better and better. I can get 10x the speeds ( no more buffering on Videos ) for about $15.00 more.

Jodokast96
Stupid people piss me off.
Premium Member
join:2005-11-23
NJ

Jodokast96

Premium Member

It's what I finally had to do. I've discussed it in detail in other threads, but overall I'm saving a lot now, will be saving not quite as much at the end of the promotion, but will have increased my service significantly. DSL and landline service used to be a good deal, but no longer (remember when they actually competed on speed and were faster and cheaper?). And I don't believe for a second it's about the cost of maintaining the plant, no matter what they want us to think.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

Yea, you are 100% correct. All companies change their business focus as they mature or leadership changes. Remember Sears, Roebuck and Co. Used to be the best hardware store on the planet with lifetime warranty on the tools, no questions aasked? now it is cheap clothes with their designer labels and the hardware is an afterthought.