Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to robman50

Premium Member

to robman50

Re: TV Problems?

said by robman50:

When I am watching a show with lots of fast moving lights and effects the picture get all these blocks all over the place. What causes that and how can I fix that?

»shawdirect.ca/english/de ··· ault.asp

Mike
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

Agreed
robman50

robman50 to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
How do you cancel Cogeco Cable TV? My one year promo discount for my HD box ends on November 15 and I plan to ditch Cogeco on the 16th (or a week later). I plan to have Shaw no later than the start of December (hoping on Nov 17. )
Do I have to call Cogeco a month before we switch so Shaw?
Or do I have to call Shaw Direct and they will take care of letting Cogeco know?

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer

Premium Member

Cogeco generally requires 30 days notice, your responsibility, so if you want that to end on your billing cycle best thing to do is call Cogeco and ask them point blank what day your billing cycle ends and what day would you have to give 30 days notice.

You may want to have a bit of overlap with Shaw, just in case. It didn't take long to arrange my install, took about 5 days from the time I called to the time it was hooked up and ready to watch. I got a promo Shaw used to lure away cable customers in Ontario, added some more HD to it, and got 2 receivers, all installed for about $30. Basically the tax on the receivers.

PM me if you want a contact within Shaw to call.

FYI, you may get a call from Cogeco retentions, depending on how much you're cancelling. I got a call. Others report they didn't and Cogeco stopped the practice.

At the end of the day, I pay less, get more, and the quality is much better.

Mike
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

I'm going to keep the internet and phone for a while until I find a decent provider. Thinking of Start or TekSavvy for internet not sure what to use for phone though.
robman50

robman50

30 day notice eh? So if my HD box promo is done on Nov 15 than what day should I call Cogeco so they won't slap me with the $75 fee?