Search similar:

uniqs
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32

Premium Member

Is anyone really surprised, this is Apple after all

Wow, you mean to tell me the almighty iPhone, the state of the art, bestest phone on the planet can’t do something that my lowly HTC phone can do on 3G on Sprint. The new Evo has no problems doing simultaneous data and voice on Sprints network on CDMA so long as your data connection is EVDO not 1X. I can’t believe the great iPhone can’t do this on 4G, especially when other LTE capable phones from Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG and others can. But then again the iPhone typically lacks the good stuff. No DLNA, no NFC, no simultaneous data and voice on the CDMA on 4G. I truly feel sorry for those compelled to buy the iPhone too blinded to see that behind that shiny fruit logo is a devices that is behind the times.

AnonFTW
@northstate.net

AnonFTW

Anon

said by Happydude32:

Wow, you mean to tell me the almighty iPhone, the state of the art, bestest phone on the planet can’t do something that my lowly HTC phone can do on 3G on Sprint. The new Evo has no problems doing simultaneous data and voice on Sprints network on CDMA so long as your data connection is EVDO not 1X. I can’t believe the great iPhone can’t do this on 4G, especially when other LTE capable phones from Motorola, Samsung, HTC, LG and others can. But then again the iPhone typically lacks the good stuff. No DLNA, no NFC, no simultaneous data and voice on the CDMA on 4G. I truly feel sorry for those compelled to buy the iPhone too blinded to see that behind that shiny fruit logo is a devices that is behind the times.

No CDMA phone can do simultaneous voice and data on 3G. You are incorrect about your current phone.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Yes, the newer Sprint Android phones CAN do voice/data at same time on 3G. I do it often on SG3.
Happydude32
Premium Member

1 recommendation

Happydude32 to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
said by AnonFTW :

said by Happydude32:

No CDMA phone can do simultaneous voice and data on 3G. You are incorrect about your current phone.

Next time you tell me Im incorrect about a device that I own, please do some research first, okay? I have used simultaneous data and voice on 3G on my new Evo many times since I got it earlier this summer.

»www.androidpolice.com/20 ··· over-3g/

BlueConnect
join:2004-04-02
FFX, VA

1 edit

BlueConnect to AnonFTW

to AnonFTW
Just the facts. I had my HTC Thunderbolt before verizons LTE service was available in my area and I could talk and surf at the same time. Worked great. The TB may have been the only phone to work like this, others have also confirmed the capability.

»www.droid-life.com/2011/ ··· over-3g/

»www.gottabemobile.com/20 ··· ce-data/

»androidcommunity.com/sim ··· 0110126/

delusion ftl
@comcast.net

delusion ftl to AnonFTW

Anon

to AnonFTW
Absolutely positively 100% incorrect. There's not even a difference of opinion or perception.

Simultaneous voice and Data on VZW and Sprint via their 3G networks has been around for almost 2 years now.

It's time to head back to the trusty old excuse that "If Apple doesn't offer it, no one wants it" Then at least you'd be positing weak opinion instead of outright falsehoods.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2 to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
Aren't multiple chip/antennas great? Now turn everything off to just 3G only, turn off 4G and try again.. a friend of mine at dinner, same handset, swore up and down that he could do the same thing, until he turned off the 4G radio.. guess what? .. no simultaneous voice data.. it's smoke and mirrors tricks that attempt to make people THINK they're getting true simultaneous CDMA (3G) voice/Data use..

Just because you own the phone doesn't mean you're an expert on the technical use.
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

Sprint has no LTE coverage in my area yet, so my 4G radio is turned off, and has been turned off since shortly after I got the phone. Not sure why people are in denial over the fact certain Verizon and Sprint phones allow for simultaneous voice and data over 3G. I’m sorry (well, not really) that my ‘lame’ Android phone can do something that the shiny new ‘state of the art’ iPhone 5 can’t do on the same network. If you don’t want to Google this particular subject or click on the links provide above because you’re afraid that you’ll discover that IT IS A FACT that some Verizon handsets and the newer Sprint handsets can do simultaneous voice and data on CDMA, then here’s a screen shot I took moments ago. Notice I’m on a call, the Phone icon on the far left hand top side indicates that, along with the status bar being in green, and still have 3G connectivity as shown by the 3G icon at the top of the screen, and the Network Info widget. If you did this on older CDMA phones the 3G icon with disappear, and the widget would read -120 dB and say ‘No Connectivity’.

This subject really isn’t up for debate, it’s a fact.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

1 edit

AVD to AnonFTW

Premium Member

to AnonFTW
said by AnonFTW :

said by Happydude32:

WRONG the SGS3 has 2 radios, I can call and tether at the same time on 3g.
AVD

AVD to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
just for the record, the green bar on top means its in call, and you see 3g traffic through the widget on the home screen.
AVD

AVD to fiberguy2

Premium Member

to fiberguy2
said by fiberguy2:

Just because you own the phone doesn't mean you're an expert on the technical use.

no, but I'm not stupid either.
AVD

AVD

Premium Member

Google SVDO, all ambiguity will be answered.
fiberguy2
My views are my own.
Premium Member
join:2005-05-20

fiberguy2

Premium Member

I stand by what I said... sorry... Some day YOU will understand WHY you can do it.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

I can do it because I have 2 radios in my phone. The iP5's LTE radio won't do EVDO on its LTE radio. The CDMA SGS3 variant's LTE implementation is a little kludgy, but allows EVDO data and CDMA voice.

SVDO

look it up, bursting your own bubble will liberate you, you can handle the truth.