share rss forum feed

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY

1 recommendation

not even an apple user, but

I'm a business user, I gave up my iPhone 4 for a blackberry (I need the battery life) and for a personal phone I grip my evo 3d like a hand grenade and I'm in Berlin, 1945.

That being said, I never understood the big marketing hype with being able to surf while on a call.

Maybe apple just thought that they can squeeze more juice out of the battery with this design, instead of giving the users something that less then 1% of iphone users will ever utilize, and most wont know it is there, unlike battery life.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast
While I hate to admit this, in the car is where I've found the biggest advantage on the talk & surf feature. Since my car has built in bluetooth, I am often finding that I am on a call and checking/sending email or looking @ other stuff on the phone (NOTE: I only do this @ red lights or when I am NOT moving).
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

chlen
Ethically Challenged
Premium
join:2001-01-16
Saratoga, NY
I agree, I just dont think we are 99% of apple users. For example I tether my evo 3d to my nexus for work so I can AnyConnect to my main office. Tehtering works until there is a phone call that breaks the VPN. AnyConnect will auto reconnect so it is not such a big deal, but again, we are not the key demographic.

Even now if someone said to me battery life or data and voice at the same time, I would take battery life. Hell I would take it over almost anything these days. I miss the palm centro that stayed on for 3 days.
--
This is not the greatest post in the world, no, this is just a tribute!

-

MovieLover76

join:2009-09-11
kudos:1
I completely agree, I tether a lot when I'm on a business trip and the fact that I can talk a call while tethering is very important, no simultaneous voice/data would be a deal breaker for me, specifically for that reason. But we're not the 99% of users

weaver0

join:2004-05-05
Macungie, PA
reply to Rob
+1. This and being on a call and using an Internet dependant app like Waze. I won't switch from ATT for this reason alone.