spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

wbaborcomca

@comcast.net

[DVR] DVR cuts off programs at end

I live in Mokena, IL and have Romeoville, IL as head end...

I have Triple play with a DCX 3400, RNG 110 and two DTA'S...and a EMTA Modem DHG 535 modem..

My problem is that shows usually record fine for the time slot...but always seem to cut off at the end...(miss some previews and part of shows).

I have unplugged the unit a couple of times and reset the DVR--no luck...is there a problem with the DVR or is this just a standard problem that shows run slightly longer then the time indicated for recording...

Also I cannot find anything in settings that would allow me to extend a couple of minutes so I don't lose the last part of shows being recorded..

Thanks for your help...Wayne

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
This seems to be a common problem and the subject of a number of threads in the "Service and Equipment" area of the Comcast Help and Support Forums (»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···TV_Equip).

This particular thread I found provides some ways to add extra time to recordings: »forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···p/922177

wbaborcomca

@comcast.net
Thanks for the info....I have extended 1 minute on some key series and will update as the need arises...wish I could do it globally for all...would save time..

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
reply to wbaborcomca
The basic summary: It's a combination of some networks playing fast and loose with start/end times, and the Comcast 3:1 compression and satellite distribution causing a few seconds of delay.

Caddyroger
Premium
join:2001-06-11
To the west
reply to wbaborcomca
Fox was bad for that. It was usually just the ads and promo's that was deleted and only about 10 seconds of the regular programming.
--
Caddy

andyross
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-04
Schaumburg, IL
I've been watching Smithsonian channel. What a nice return to the early 2000's. Shows actually end several minutes before the time change!