Premium Member
join:2003-08-06
USA

Libra to More Fiber

Premium Member

to More Fiber

Re: Not very happy with the install

Hi More Fiber,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, things are going from bad to worse. After reading your message I tried to access the router and when I start to type in my password it is putting in 7 digits, then a few more. In any event I can't get in. I tried it from another wired computer and it did the same thing.

We are also having problems with the Fios in one bedroom which we got a DVR for (they gave us the old 6416-2 there also). The tech didn't connect the dvd/vcr player properly. A friend came by and tried to help - now we have no tv whatsover in that room.

With all of this and my inability to find a way to order a new MR DVR with 500 gb - I called tech support. He tried to help with the tv and router, but even cutting and pasting the password into the router also ended with a "login failed".

He's going to have a supervisor call before someone comes out today (I hope). He questioned if we already had Fios and didn't know why we were given such old equipment. The installer said he only had refurbished equipment on his truck.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't mention this to the tech on the phone today, but are you familiar with the plain STB QIP2500-3. It can't identify my television (an odd name, Daewoo) I'm wondering if it is old and possibly a newer version would help. As it stands now the only thing the remote will do is change channels and go into the menu, guide. It's a bit annoying.

Sincerely, Libra

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by Libra:

when I start to type in my password it is putting in 7 digits, then a few more.

That is a supposed security feature. Just ignore the extra dots. Cut and paste is disabled, so that won't work. If all else fails, do a hard reset on the router, you'll be prompted to enter a new user name and password.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »I can't login to the VZ router
said by Libra:

We are also having problems with the Fios in one bedroom which we got a DVR for (they gave us the old 6416-2 there also). The tech didn't connect the dvd/vcr player properly. A friend came by and tried to help - now we have no tv whatsover in that room.

The VZ DVRs don't have aux-in jacks.
Does you DVD player support component video (red,blue,green cables) in and out? If so, then you can do this:

DVR(out)--component-->(in)DVD(out)--component-->TV

If your DVD player does not support component video in and out, then you're going to be constrained to SD if you want the DVD player between the VZ DVR and the TV. If the DVD player has only composite video (red,white,yellow cables) in and out, then you can do this:

DVR(out)--composite-->(in)DVD(out)--composite-->TV

Of course if your TV supports multiple inputs, you can connect it directly to the TV.
said by Libra:

I didn't mention this to the tech on the phone today, but are you familiar with the plain STB QIP2500-3. It can't identify my television (an odd name, Daewoo)

I assume we're talking about the two button remote. The two button remote has very limited device support. I don't know if the four button remote supports Daewoo or not. (I'm not at home and don't have access to the programming guide for the 4 button remote). My suggestion is to get a true universal remote such as a Harmony One.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

More Fiber, the 2 button remote covers over 98% of all TV's ever manufactured. The 4-button remote had quite a few less codes than the 2-button.

The OP needs to follow the code search directions carefully in order to find the correct code for their TV:

»www22.verizon.com/Suppor ··· etup.htm

Daewoo is showing code 086.