spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Oberto
@rr.com

Oberto

Anon

[TWC] Please add beIN Sport Channel!

Please add the beIN channel, Dish,Comcast and Direct tv are already carrying it and I dont want to have to change carriers!

Opy
@rr.com

Opy

Anon

My gosh TWC. If you don't add this channel, then I have to move to watch programming that you had last year on Fox Soccer and Fox Soccer Plus. TWC, you have a bad reputation when it comes to adding service. Do something right, for once, add beIN Sport right away.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

Suit Up to Oberto

to Oberto
It took them like a year to add FSC HD and FSP HD. I'm not holding my breath for Bein Sport or Univision Deportes. But would love to get them.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to Oberto

Premium Member

to Oberto
Not sure how anyone can say TW has a bad reputation when it comes to launching new services. Just a month ago, Time Warner carried the PAC 12 Network on launch day in most areas. TW has the most robust HD line up of any other provider. Funny you guys bring up Fox Soccer Plus. Would you rather that Fox Soccer Plus be included in the Sports Pass for $6/month extra with a dozen other channels, or be like satellite, where it’s $15/month standalone. Dish doesn’t carry it in HD at all, and with DirecTV it’s not in HD 24/7.

Elyria
join:2011-10-12
Elyria, OH

Elyria to Opy

to Opy
said by Opy :

TWC, you have a bad reputation when it comes to adding service.

Compared to several CC's around the Nation.....you're correct.

Hopefully, they'll invest in customers desires when deciding
paths of future investments

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

1 edit

Suit Up to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Funny you guys bring up Fox Soccer Plus.

Not really. Bein Sports is primarily soccer. FSC and FSP are also soccer. My guess is that Pac-12 was a higher priority than the soccer channels because it has college football. And I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that. But I do think they tend to put less popular stuff on the back burner, which is what soccer is. I have no delusions about that. In SoCal, at least, we're still waiting for Fox Deportes in HD. And everywhere is still waiting for Univision Deportes. And as I said it took ages to get FSC HD and FSP HD (I'll admit that it actually didn't take them very long to add FSP in SD, though). So realistically it will take a long time to get Bein Sports as well.

And I think the reason FSP is so expensive on satellite is a holdover from when it was Setanta sports. Part of Fox's plan with Setanta when they bought it out was to get more eyeballs on it by putting it on a regular tier like the Sports Pass. Satellite users really should complain about that. I have no problem with FSP being in the Sports Pass. I also would have no problem with Bein Sport and Univision Deportes added to the Sports Pass and the price bumped up to $10/month (it's actually $8/month here). Unlike what most people seem to feel about the NFL Network...

I do find it funny that you come in this thread about a soccer channel, claiming how great TWC is at launching new channels, when I didn't see you saying the same thing in any of the NFL Network threads... Sure the NFL is more popular and the reasons they aren't added probably have nothing in common. But the fact remains TWC is missing a channel that you would really like for it to carry. And TWC is missing a (couple) channels that I would really like for it to carry. And that is why "TW has a bad reputation when it comes to launching new services."
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

In my area Fox Soccer Plus has been in HD for a few years now, I’m thinking about three years. Fox Soccer HD, not as long but not a recent add. Time Warner is one of the very few MSOs to offer ESPN Deportes in HD, and they still have Gol TV in HD. Dish removed Gol TV years ago, DirecTV just dropped the HD feed a few days ago and removed the channel from the Sports Pak. Now it’s only available in SD and only to those that subscribe to a Spanish language package. Fox Deportes HD is very rare, and even rarer is Univision Deportes.

And yes, I will say it again, Time Warner is one of the BEST MSOs, at launching new channels, and HD channels. They have an awesome HD line up. DirecTV added DIY HD today, I’ve had that on cable for two years now. No provider is going to carry every channel, and just because they don’t carry a few channels doesn’t mean anything from an overall point of view.

As for the NFL Network, Time Warner is never going to carry it, I can’t say I particularly care. It should be carried now that the channel has more live games, but it’s not a deal maker or breaker, I have access to the channel on DirecTV and aside from the lave games, I never watch it. RedZone is the channel I care about, I’d rather have that, but I will not go as far as to say TW has a bad reputation of adding services because they don’t carry these 1 ½ channels.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

I am an enormous soccer fan and if beIN sports ever got the Premier League games from England I would indeed be giving this thread two thumbs up. It would be a deal breaker for me and I would have to pick up something to allow me to watch those games despite my discounted cable.
I am certain that those that really need the NFL network have made that decision. There isn't a provider that provides everything so consumers get to make programming decisions based on channel line ups.
Off course some take in cost into account.

Hob

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Dish removed Gol TV years ago, DirecTV just dropped the HD feed a few days ago and removed the channel from the Sports Pak. Now it’s only available in SD and only to those that subscribe to a Spanish language package.

And TWC dropped Gol TV to a Spanish language package 4 years ago! Who cares if it's in HD if I have to pay $8/month for that 1 channel?
said by Happydude32:

and even rarer is Univision Deportes.

Univision Deportes is a new channel. Just like Bein. It's maybe 3 months older.
said by Happydude32:

DirecTV added DIY HD today, I’ve had that on cable for two years now.

No DIY HD here. Doesn't really matter though since like Gol TV it's on a package I don't get (and the only channel I want on that tier). Which is another one of TWC's problems. They add a channel only in one region and announce it like it's a big deal, but then they don't even add it in my region which is the 2nd largest TV market in the United States.
said by Happydude32:

As for the NFL Network, Time Warner is never going to carry it, I can’t say I particularly care.

Still say it's funny you never said any of this in any of the NFL Network threads (seriously, you had 3 chances and couldn't pull it off, but had no problem in a Bein Sport thread?!?!), and you made it sound like you actually want the channel carried, but whatever.
said by Happydude32:

I will not go as far as to say TW has a bad reputation of adding services because they don’t carry these 1 ½ channels.

It's not just Bein Sport and NFL Network. As I already mentioned there is Univision Deportes, Fox Deportes HD... there is also Fuel HD which I've mentioned in another thread and DIY HD that you mentioned.

There is also:
HBO2 HD
HBO Family HD
HBO Zone HD
HBO Latino HD
HBO Comedy HD
HBO Signature HD
MoreMAX HD
ThrillerMAX HD
ActionMAX HD
Showtime 2 HD
Showtime Next HD
Showtime Beyond HD
Showtime Extreme HD
Showtime Women HD
Showtime Showcase HD
Starz Edge HD
Starz Kids and Family HD
Hub HD
Sportsman Channel HD
Halogen HD
Oxygen HD
Ovation HD
Reelz Channel HD
Cooking Channel HD
Halogen HD
Bloomberg HD
OWN HD
National Geographic Wild HD
Big Ten Network HD
Tennis Channel HD
MavTV HD
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

Coming to channel 1198 in Rochester in HD. Bein Deportes HD on channel 1098.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by Happydude32:

Coming to channel 1198 in Rochester in HD. Bein Deportes HD on channel 1098.

Impressed!
Something I did not know.
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32

Premium Member

Can't take credit for finding it. Motorola870 found it posted in the Legal Notices on the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle’s Website. WFN HD and the national feed of NESN HD also coming on November 1st. Along with the previously announced regional feeds of the PAC 12 Network. WBBZ in SD and HD also gets added for those of us in the Buffalo market on the Rochester system.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I just noticed that BEin Sports is on 329 & 1329. BeIn Esp is on 621.

The weird thing is that they only showed up when I was selecting my favorite channels in the settings. I can only tune to them by using the favorites button. They don't show up in the guide.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

1 edit

motorola870

hey do you get beIN Sports espanol HD on 1621?

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Yeah I do. I just checked.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by juilinsandar:

Yeah I do. I just checked.

hey can you see if you have channel called WFN HD in your favorites list? TWC is supposedly launching that channel on certain systems on 11/1.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

I didn't see it.

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to Oberto

to Oberto
I just scanned my TWC SiliconDust unit hoping to find a little surprise but it looks like bein is not in DFW/NTX yet.

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by julesism:

I just scanned my TWC SiliconDust unit hoping to find a little surprise but it looks like bein is not in DFW/NTX yet.

is that a clear QAM silicondust if so you wont get it even if it was on the system because it would be encrypted.

I noticed a weird thing happen on my DCX3400 the other day where below channel 799 on the iguide in the grid guide it was showing a blank channel where channel 800 should have been and it had no name and no channel number I should have tried to tune it darn it.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Do you think that Bein will be available to all TWC customers after November 1st?

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by juilinsandar:

Do you think that Bein will be available to all TWC customers after November 1st?

seems it will launch on 11/1 if they are testing it now you will get it if:

You have sports pass:

BeIN Sport SD/HD

Mas Canales:

BeIN Deportes SD/HD

julesism
join:2001-12-12
North Little Rock, AR

julesism to motorola870

to motorola870
No, it's what I use for my TWC sub. It has a cable-card with tuning adapter attached.
julesism

julesism to motorola870

to motorola870
Hopefully the El Paquetazo package will get both English and Spanish versions of bein. It's the perfect package for soccer fans

motorola870
Arlington, TX

motorola870

nope not going to happen:

LEGAL NOTICE LEGAL NOTICE TIME...
LEGAL NOTICE LEGAL NOTICE TIME WARNER CABLE Time Warner Cableâs agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future: AAJ, Africa Channel, Africa Channel HD, BBC America, BBC America HD, Chinese Channel, Chinese Cinema, CNC World, Cooking Channel, Cooking Channel HD, Current TV, DIY, DIY HD, E!, E! HD, Ecuavisa, Encore, Encore HD, Encore Action, Encore Drama, Encore Love, Encore Suspense, Encore Family, Encore Westerns, Food Network, Food Network HD, GAC (Great American Country), GOL TV, GSN, GSN HD, Hallmark, Hallmark HD, Hallmark Movie Channel HD, HITN, IFC, IFC HD, Jus Punjabi, KBN, LATV, Lifetime, Lifetime HD, Lifetime Movie Network, Lifetime Movie Network HD, Lifetime Real Women, Media Korea TV (MKTV), Music Choice, News 12, NHL Center Ice, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, Ovation, Ovation HD, Polski Radio, Smithsonian HD, STARZ!, STARZ! HD, Starz Cinema, Starz Comedy, Starz Comedy HD, Starz Edge, Starz Edge HD, Starz in Black, Starz Kids and Family, Starz Kids and Family HD, Style Network, Style Network HD, Supercanal, Telemicro International, The Bangladesh Channel, TV Polonia, TVE International, WE, WE HD, and Youtoo TV. In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers. The following changes are planned: The previously announced launch of the following Pac-12 services will now occur on November 1, 2012 and will launch on the following channel positions: Pac-12 Los Angeles on ch. 370, Pac-12 Los Angeles HD on ch. 390, Pac-12 Arizona on ch. 371, Pac-12 Arizona HD on ch. 391, Pac-12 Washington on ch. 372, Pac-12 Washington HD on ch. 392, Pac-12 Oregon on ch. 373, Pac-12 Oregon HD on ch. 393, Pac-12 Mountain on ch. 374, Pac-12 Mountain HD on ch. 394, Pac-12 Bay Area on ch. 375 and Pac-12 Bay Area HD on ch. 395. Also on that date, we will launch the following services: NESN on ch. 193, NESN HD on ch. 447, World Fishing Network on ch. 194, World Fishing Network HD on ch. 448, beIN Sports on ch. 449, beIN Sports HD on ch. 429, beIN Sports en Español on ch. 450 and 841 and beIN Sports en Español HD on ch. 430. NESN, NESN HD, World Fishing Network, World Fishing Network HD, beIN Sports and beIN Sports HD will be part of our Sports Pass offering, while beIN Sports en Español and beIN Sports en Español HD will be part of our DTV en Español and El Paquetazo offerings. You may downgrade or terminate service without charge at any time. Further, if carriage of a premium service is discontinued and you have incurred installation, upgrade or other one-time charges relating to such premium service within six months prior to the date of the change, you may elect to downgrade or terminate service within 30 days and obtain a rebate of any such charge.

Read more: »classifieds.nydailynews. ··· AAzhtsWT
motorola870

1 edit

motorola870

duplicate
motorola870

1 edit

motorola870

duplicate
motorola870

motorola870

both channels are live north texas:

beIN sport 237
beIN espanol 330
beIN sport HD 809
beIN espanol HD 814
motorola870

motorola870

anyone know the channel numbers for beIN sport and beIN espanol in Socal?
motorola870

motorola870

Found something interesting the 750MHz TWC system on the outskirts of the DFW metro got beIN espanol in SD/HD while they did not get beIN sport in SD/HD due to no sports pass on that system. I am surprised that they got beIN espanol at all.
tasmithe
join:2002-09-16
Graham, NC

tasmithe to Oberto

to Oberto
Who cares about all these sports channels???!! Add more "general interest" channels for a change!