Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Is this Fios Wiring on my block?

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
The BOX
Click for full size
So past 2 weeks I always seen 2-3 verizon trucks just outside my window. Looking right now someguy is installing this like a big-boxalike on a pole basically he is hooking it up , I tried to take few pics from my window this is the best I got.

Currently I am on Time Warner with 50/5 Tier and paying 59$ for it.

RedCaliSS
Premium
join:2004-08-21
Murrieta, CA

why not just go ask them what they are installing?
and without knowing where you live it's hard to say. Verizon only has FIOS in select areas, they are not nationwide.

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
reply to patt2k

New York (Queens) they were gone few seconds later so I was wondering if anyone could know

PoloDude
Premium,VIP
join:2006-03-29
Northport, NY
kudos:3

Yes it is

patt2k

said by PoloDude:

Yes it is

Did they do same thing in your area? I see you are also from NY

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16

The picture with the 'BOX' - that is a fiber splice case, so yes they are installing FiOS.....

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to patt2k

Click for full size
why is it just hanging like that?

mushmouth

join:2001-12-13
Earth

Don't worry about it, when they are done they will hang it proper.It's easier to drop down when left like that.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to patt2k

They are not done yet. Those are plastic zip ties holding the fiber to the strand....

They will be back to finish it up, and mount it permanently to the strand.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to patt2k

ahh I see well thanks guys for your help.

Do you guys recommend any bundle to beat my 50/5 (59$) price with Time Warner Cable? I only have the internet. Regularly it costs 99$ for the 50/5

once again apperciate the help!

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Each area has it own pricing so it's probably best to check the prices online and, I believe this is correct, the best pricing you'll get is online. One thing to consider is the quality of the connection. I was on Time Warner cable for almost 10 years and while I never had any real complaints about the service itself I can say without any hesitation FiOS is so unbelievably better. I had the turbo package with TW which in this area was 15/1. On a great day my downloading speed on ftp transfers I'd get just about 12 Mpbs. When I moved to a VZ FiOS area I was blown away when I saw my 35/35 Triple actually ran at a non-stop 46. 8. Because I had one of their TV package I got all the "fluff" that goes with it that VZ builds in so you never experience any slowdowns when you run the TV and the internet together. So essentially I'm running at almost 50 Mpbs at less cost than it did to run 12 Mpbs at TW. With recent raising of both the base service and equipment the price parity is getting a lot closer but the service is so much different.
--
$4 gas, 16 Trillion debt, 8.3 unemployed, and record food stamps... this is better than 4 years ago?

tonyram57

join:2001-11-08
Brooklyn, NY

Your lucky that FiOS is coming to your area. All I can get is crappy DSL or TWC. I am stuck with TWC because they are my only provider. The service with TWC has been good but lately since I upgraded to 20/2 service I been having problems with intermittent connection. I called them and they ran a new line to the back of my house. It is working fine however Friday it was down for a few hours because they were screwing around with something.

However they have a monopoly in my area and it is either TWC or crappy DSL which is way worse.

@verizon.net
reply to patt2k

Does any one know how long it takes for the actual service to go live after they install this box?

bhan261

join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

Longer than you'd like.

Seriously, now that you know it's coming, the wait will seem like forever. It took almost 4 months from the time they started wiring my co-op building until we could sign-up.

patt2k

reply to patt2k

guys my fios is live since TODAY , placed an order today so that's how long they took from the time i made this thread.

T1249NTSCJ9

join:2007-01-25
Ridgewood, NY

Would you happen to be in Glendale by any chance?

shof515

join:2008-06-15
Ridgewood, NY

I have fios in ridgewood, near the hospital

patt2k

reply to patt2k

Yes I am in Ridgewood not to far from Grover Cleveland.

Where are you located ?

shof515

Ridgewood, NY

I am by seneca ave, a block away from the bushwick brooklyn border

patt2k

reply to patt2k

is it avaliable for you ? if not then check often for those 2-3 verizon trucks

shof515

Ridgewood, NY

I had fios installed last week, here are some pics i took:
»s525.photobucket.com/albums/cc33···15/FIOS/

patt2k

reply to patt2k

Did the tech go on the roof ? Since I can get access to that but basement someone lives there

shof515

Ridgewood, NY
reply to patt2k

Yes, he went up on the roof to run the fios cable from the pole to my apartment. He also went in the basement to disconnect the ole pots phone line (that depends on how your phone wiring)

T1249NTSCJ9

Ridgewood, NY
reply to patt2k

I'm on Woodward Avenue a few blocks from I.S. 93. I've seen Verizon working on the utility poles many times now but their service isn't still up and running.

patt2k

Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

take a pictures if its the fiber box on the pole then that means it will be at your place soon I found out by accident though I used to check everyday then I stopped for few days and BAM!

McBane

join:2008-08-22
Plano, TX
reply to shof515

Interesting, first time I've seen a Lucent ONT

patt2k

said by McBane:

How are their performance ?

shof515

Ridgewood, NY
reply to T1249NTSCJ9

said by T1249NTSCJ9:

I'm on Woodward Avenue a few blocks from I.S. 93. I've seen Verizon working on the utility poles many times now but their service isn't still up and running.

that might be a problem with building management not allowing fios/verizon to install the fios stuff. I think the CO is still on the corner of gates ave and fairview ave which means you should be pretty close and should of gotten it by now. Check with your landlord to see if they were contacted by verizon. Did you also try calling up verizon and asking if fios is available, their site may not be update to date
--
Oddly for me, whenever i checked the website it always used to say fios not available for my address. Yet, when i called them on how to lower my phone/dsl bundle price i was given an upgrade to fios triple play which make me eligible for fios. It wasn't until a few days after i ordered fios that the website finally updated to show that fios is in my area/building

UofMiamiGrad
Premium
join:2001-02-03
Great Neck, NY
reply to McBane

said by McBane:

In NY area I got one when I went to GPON for the 150/65 package from BPON & 35/35 package.

As for Patt2K, the performance of it is flawless, no issues with it since it was installed back in July.

T1249NTSCJ9

Ridgewood, NY

1 edit
reply to shof515

I'll call up Verizon tomorrow and see what's going on.