spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ani
@146.121.23.x

Ani

Anon

WLIW gone on Clear QAM Norwalk

WLIW (Channel 21) is no longer available on my TV. All three of the channels Create, Digital and World are missing.

I don't have a cable box and have hooked up the coax cable directly to the TV.

ABC also went missing around the same time (8-Sept-2012) but a re-scan fixed it.

Optimum has not been of much help. The tech came out, but said I need a cable box to receive any channel.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

Yes, you need a cable box. Didn't you get a notice about it? Probably about two years ago.

StudioTech
Off The Air
join:2001-10-10
Edison, NJ

StudioTech

He mentioned ClearQAM in the title so if he's on LI he should still be able to pick up w/o a box. Might just need to rescan.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to jaa

to jaa
Broadcast basic is still in clear QAM on the Norwalk, CT system. He should be able to get all of the channels he listed with just a QAM tuner in his TV.

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35 to StudioTech

Anon

to StudioTech
Norwalk is accross the pond in CT. Maybe wasn't supposed to be getting or something? Dunno, haven't checked my ClearQAMs either

Opt_CT
@optonline.net

Opt_CT to Ani

Anon

to Ani
I have Optimum in CT as well and something definitely happened to ABC, WLIW Main , PBS Create, PBS World, Antenna TV and a few others. In the past week or two these channels disappeared from QAM. Nothing to do with rescan or anything else. Cablevison is not sending them. How do we know if they are obligated to send the channels especially PBS?

SHoTTa35
@optonline.net

SHoTTa35

Anon

Hmm, watching WLIW now in CT (Bridgeport) at 1:46PM on Saturday 9/15 on ClearQAM just fine. That's channel 21-1 right? ABC channel 7-1 and 8-1 works fine also. Antenna TV (11-2) shows the CV channel message about Tribune blah blah but that's known.

Where is PBS Create/World?

What's been missing for me for a while though is News12 CT usually on 94-712. The SD channel is still there but the HD disappeared.

audit
@optonline.net

audit to Ani

Anon

to Ani
said by Ani :

WLIW (Channel 21) is no longer available on my TV. All three of the channels Create, Digital and World are missing.

I don't have a cable box and have hooked up the coax cable directly to the TV.

ABC also went missing around the same time (8-Sept-2012) but a re-scan fixed it.

Optimum has not been of much help. The tech came out, but said I need a cable box to receive any channel.

Cv routinely does audits and installs filters to block channels to customers that only order OOL

Ani
@gcm.com

Ani to Opt_CT

Anon

to Opt_CT
Opt_CT,
Yes Optimum is obligated to send those channels in according to their website.

See »www.optimum.com/ratecard ··· id=55390. Click on Broadcast Basic to see the list of channels you can get without a cable box.

ABC and WLIW are both broadcast channels and Optimum is obligated to send them in clear QAM
Ani

Ani to Opt_CT

Anon

to Opt_CT
This has now been resolved. ABC and all the WLIW channels came back.

Cablevision was not putting these channels in clear QAM on the feed I was on.
RayGeode
join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT

RayGeode

Thanks for the heads up. PBS is the way to go. Are you out in the woods or something? I'm off lower Newtown / EAST ave. and I lost WLIW 21 intermittently in the past, then tried the HD channel and there it was. Juggled my DVR recording sched in the nick of time to record my favorites. After awhile i started thinking WLIW 21 was to blame. Maybe was. I had a similar problem a couple of years ago, it would freeze and bump along.