Nitro Reader 2.5.0.45
September12th, 2012

Enhancements
•Update reminder frequency can be set to 7 days

Nitro Reader 2.5.0.41
Enhancements
•General stability improvements across various product features

Resolves Issues
•Create PDF From File dialog does not display Create button when display is set to high DPI resolutions

Info-download: »www.nitroreader.com/
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18

1 recommendation

Updated...Thanks

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9

You're welcome CCat See Profile.

MPSAN

join:2001-05-15
Portland, OR

Good Program but I want to scan into it. The help says...

To create PDF/A from a scanner:
On the Home tab in Nitro Reader 2 click the PDF button, then From Scanner

So, just where is the PDF Button? I do not see it on my HOME tab.

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thanks chazzy.

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 recommendation

reply to MPSAN

said by MPSAN:

Good Program but I want to scan into it.

The Pro version ... »legacy.nitropdf.com/pro/features.aspx
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thank you. One of the better Readers out there, IMHO.

MPSAN

Portland, OR
reply to chachazz

I know, my wife has the PRO version. I have the reader only on my system. but the reader also says you can scan (in the help file under scanner). It says to click the pdf button in the home screen and I do not see the pdf button.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Thanks, chachazz See Profile ! Nitro has been my favorite pdf reader over the past couple of years.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to MPSAN

said by MPSAN:

I know, my wife has the PRO version. I have the reader only on my system. but the reader also says you can scan (in the help file under scanner). It says to click the pdf button in the home screen and I do not see the pdf button.

What version do you have? My 2.5.0.45 free version doesn't have a "scanner" entry in its help file.
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON
reply to chachazz

Thanks OP for your updates.

MPSAN

Portland, OR
reply to Blackbird

said by Blackbird:

said by MPSAN:

What version do you have? My 2.5.0.45 free version doesn't have a "scanner" entry in its help file.

I have the same version as you do. If you go to help and select Users Guide and then search for scanner, 2 items come up. Select the first one...PDF/A and you can look down a little and see the following...

On the Home tab in Nitro Reader 2 click the PDF button, then From Scanner
In the Create PDF From Scanner dialog, select your scanner, the sheets to scan, image compression, and then specify the destination
Select the PDF/A1-b compatibility checkbox.
Click Scan to open your default scanning software
Select the mode of scanning—color, grayscale, or monochrome/black-and-white
Select the menu command to return to Nitro Reader 2
Select the Finish option to end your scanning job, or select Scan front of sheet two to continue scanning

So, as I said, I see no PDF button on the Home Tab.

Can you see this now?

Thank you for looking.

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

Don't feel alone...I can't find it either.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium
Fort Wayne, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

1 edit
reply to MPSAN

said by MPSAN:

said by Blackbird:

said by MPSAN:

... If you go to help and select Users Guide and then search for scanner, 2 items come up. Select the first one...PDF/A and you can look down a little and see the following...

On the Home tab in Nitro Reader 2 click the PDF button, then From Scanner ... (etc)
So, as I said, I see no PDF button on the Home Tab.

Can you see this now?

Yes... now I see the Help reference you describe, in the place you indicate. However, I don't think this applies to the free version. On the Home tab, if you click the "Create from File" icon, it brings up a panel "Fast PDF creation', in the right sub-panel of which is the entry: "Scan paper into searchable PDFs". Clicking on that takes you to their "Upgrade to Pro" web page which describes "scan paper & ocr" that is a Pro version feature. As a result, it leads me to believe the Help "scanner" entry we both (finally!) see is an artifact applying only to the Pro version. There's certainly no "PDF" button on the Home Tab of the free version.

edit: unscrambled the quote blocks
--
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!" -- P.Henry, 1775

MPSAN

Portland, OR

1 recommendation

Well, my wife does have Pro, and can scan, but I thought I would be able to do it with the reader on my system. Anyway, I can still scan with word and convert that file to PDF.

Thanks all: