MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to Libra

MVM

to Libra

Re: Not very happy with the install

said by Libra:

when I start to type in my password it is putting in 7 digits, then a few more.

That is a supposed security feature. Just ignore the extra dots. Cut and paste is disabled, so that won't work. If all else fails, do a hard reset on the router, you'll be prompted to enter a new user name and password.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »I can't login to the VZ router
said by Libra:

We are also having problems with the Fios in one bedroom which we got a DVR for (they gave us the old 6416-2 there also). The tech didn't connect the dvd/vcr player properly. A friend came by and tried to help - now we have no tv whatsover in that room.

The VZ DVRs don't have aux-in jacks.
Does you DVD player support component video (red,blue,green cables) in and out? If so, then you can do this:

DVR(out)--component-->(in)DVD(out)--component-->TV

If your DVD player does not support component video in and out, then you're going to be constrained to SD if you want the DVD player between the VZ DVR and the TV. If the DVD player has only composite video (red,white,yellow cables) in and out, then you can do this:

DVR(out)--composite-->(in)DVD(out)--composite-->TV

Of course if your TV supports multiple inputs, you can connect it directly to the TV.
said by Libra:

I didn't mention this to the tech on the phone today, but are you familiar with the plain STB QIP2500-3. It can't identify my television (an odd name, Daewoo)

I assume we're talking about the two button remote. The two button remote has very limited device support. I don't know if the four button remote supports Daewoo or not. (I'm not at home and don't have access to the programming guide for the 4 button remote). My suggestion is to get a true universal remote such as a Harmony One.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

More Fiber, the 2 button remote covers over 98% of all TV's ever manufactured. The 4-button remote had quite a few less codes than the 2-button.

The OP needs to follow the code search directions carefully in order to find the correct code for their TV:

»www22.verizon.com/Suppor ··· etup.htm

Daewoo is showing code 086.