Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

immysiddy

join:2012-09-14
Ottawa, ON

HELP! Know someone who works at Rogers Internet tech support

Hi all,

Can anyone put me in touch with someone who works at Rogers (cable) Internet tech support department?

I need help tracking down a stolen laptop...

The cops are on it, but it will take at least a month, and by then the laptop (and critically the data) will be long gone.

Thanks guys!

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by immysiddy:

Hi all,

Can anyone put me in touch with someone who works at Rogers (cable) Internet tech support department?

I need help tracking down a stolen laptop...

The cops are on it, but it will take at least a month, and by then the laptop (and critically the data) will be long gone.

Thanks guys!

Not to add insult to injury as i'm very sorry to hear about it... i went through this years ago... laptop gone, but i helped catch the guy and i was paid restitution.

Not sure what Rogers can do to help you?

immysiddy

Ottawa, ON
quote:
Not to add insult to injury as i'm very sorry to hear about it... i went through this years ago... laptop gone, but i helped catch the guy and i was paid restitution.

I traced an IP address that was used by the thief to a Rogers cable account. I need someone in tech help to get me further details.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to immysiddy
No one at Rogers who you can contact will give you this information. The police have numbers they are to call at Rogers if account info is required but in most cases it requires a warrant.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to immysiddy
said by immysiddy:

quote:

I traced an IP address that was used by the thief to a Rogers cable account. I need someone in tech help to get me further details.

In that case, provide the IP to the officer of whom you should have a report #. There is no real quick way unfortunately. Officer would then have to have reasonable evidence to prove that is the IP of the thief to then get a warrant before Rogers will provide customer details which also sucks for you in this situation but is there to protect you and I in any other real world situation.

As i said been there. Mine was an tablet/laptop. At the time high end $2200 laptop. I am a web designer/programmer and i lost a lot that to this day i couldn't undo/reproduce without a years worth of work.

Point is, i was successful at least getting restitution providing the officer with all the info i could and it helped i had security cameras outside of my home.

I was lucky because the guy pissed the cop off by calling him a pig when he called the guy in for questioning. Thereafter it was a mission for the cop to catch him. Unfortunately stolen laptops are least priority to the police so simply provide what details you can and i do hope you'll update the thread over time letting us know how it turned out
Expand your moderator at work

yyzlhrRogers

@rogers.com
reply to immysiddy

Re: HELP! Know someone who works at Rogers Internet tech support

what is the rogers ip address

immysiddy

Ottawa, ON
said by yyzlhrRogers :

what is the rogers ip address

Are you a Rogers tech?