join:2008-11-10

A Tech

Gen 4 in Stock almost ready to install.

They are here.

C0RR0SIVE88
@direcway.com

C0RR0SIVE88

Anon

Installers may have the equipment, but it is going to be a good while before actual installs start. Probably mid next month.

Suckers
@direcway.com

Suckers

Anon

No reason to upgrade from HN9000 system. I have unlimited download after 2 am so why would anyone want to loose that?

But there's a sucker born every day, and that is what HughesNet is betting on.
janedeaux
join:2012-02-15
Yazoo City, MS

janedeaux to A Tech

to A Tech
I wonder how many subscribers did as I did. I presubscribed the first day it was available, without knowing what the plans would be. I'm sure Hughes is counting us as "in the bag" customers. Now, if some, many, all of these people decide thanks but no thanks, as I am doing, Hughes is in for a big surprise!

heeby jeeby
@verizon.net

heeby jeeby to A Tech

Anon

to A Tech
beta installs went pretty smooth. its probably simplest install yet.
ExSatUser
join:2012-05-10
Fresno, OH

ExSatUser to janedeaux

to janedeaux
But I know what Jane is saying. I was going to pre-subscribe too. Then I saw the plans...what a joke they are. Then Viasat instituted a late night free zone. With that...made no sense to give Hughesnet another look.
A Tech

A Tech

Live on Thursday
sharkyyoung
Premium Member
join:2012-03-15
Reno, NV

sharkyyoung

Premium Member

said by A Tech:

Live on Thursday

Do you mean that installs will start on Thursday? I know beta has been going on.

RAM1000
@direcway.com

RAM1000 to A Tech

Anon

to A Tech
Any idea when I will be able to purchase the Hughesnet gen 4 equipment instead of leasing it!

heeby jeeby
@wayport.net

heeby jeeby to sharkyyoung

Anon

to sharkyyoung
he means orders have started coming in. they are going in the ground withing the next few days
A Tech

A Tech to RAM1000

to RAM1000
said by RAM1000 :

Any idea when I will be able to purchase the Hughesnet gen 4 equipment instead of leasing it!

When a purchase is not pre sale. I assume that means at some point after Thursday.
A Tech

A Tech to RAM1000

to RAM1000
now
Elkhorn
join:2009-12-31
Lyons, OR

Elkhorn

Another question - I'm currently using a HN7000S, do you know if the new Gen 4 receiver/dish fits on the same diameter pole/post ? (sounds like a silly question, but when I was interested in upgrading my DirecTV to HD, the tech told me the new dish required a different diameter pole, which seems like a really stupid design feature !!)

Thanks

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird

said by Elkhorn:

Another question - I'm currently using a HN7000S, do you know if the new Gen 4 receiver/dish fits on the same diameter pole/post ? (sounds like a silly question, but when I was interested in upgrading my DirecTV to HD, the tech told me the new dish required a different diameter pole, which seems like a really stupid design feature !!)

Thanks

Yes.

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

This was a good question, I had wondered the same thing. But additionally, I also wonder what the azimuth and elevation will be for to point at this satellite. I mean I know it depends on location, but say for me, in upstate NY, I would like to know the azimuth, as my dish is not just out in the middle of the yard and there are many forested areas around that could block my dish from a lock to the satellite. Is the satellite in the southern sky as well as 113W is? Or? I hope I am not confusing anyone that might know this.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

gwalk

Premium Member

Gen4 is located at 107.1 W. so it is a little east of your present aim point.
dbirdman can give you the numbers if he catches this thread.

dbirdman
MVM
join:2003-07-07
usa

dbirdman to Kman08

MVM

to Kman08
All internet satellites are south of you. You didn't say where in upstate New York, but for example Syracuse: 113 is at 240 magnetic, and Gen4/107 is at 233.5 magnetic.

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Thanks for this gwalk and dbirdman. dbirdman, that is exactly what I was wondering. Thanks. I am north of Syracuse near Fort Drum, and I think, if I remember right, the azimuth now is about 241.1 degrees with 27 degrees elevation ,I have the dish set as high as 36 degrees polarization because to me I obtain better signal rates and more dependable connections than the original 32 that it was at. I guess this will swap right out with the old HN7000S we had for so long then. So right on.

PCsongBird
join:2006-12-07
Hawthorne, FL

PCsongBird to Kman08

to Kman08
said by Kman08 :

This was a good question, I had wondered the same thing. But additionally, I also wonder what the azimuth and elevation will be for to point at this satellite. I mean I know it depends on location, but say for me, in upstate NY, I would like to know the azimuth, as my dish is not just out in the middle of the yard and there are many forested areas around that could block my dish from a lock to the satellite. Is the satellite in the southern sky as well as 113W is? Or? I hope I am not confusing anyone that might know this

Here is a good pointing site that gives you some idea of what might be in the way of each satellite at your location. Satellite Finder / Dish Alignment Calculator with Google Maps: »www.dishpointer.com/

Kman08
@direcway.com

Kman08

Anon

Right on, Corrosive beat you to the punch to send me that site and the numbers. But thanks, spot on. Helped me out, and relief to know the sky is even clearer with that azimuth than it was before. Good stuff.

theGhostPony
join:2009-07-31
Lexington, KY

theGhostPony to A Tech

to A Tech
It's 3am and I'm tethered to my iPhone because, well surprise, HughesNuts is dead. Again.

Gen4? No thanks.