share rss forum feed

neonhomer
KK4BFN
Premium
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL
reply to neonhomer

Re: Refit time for son's PC...

Well, the new stuff from Newegg showed today... and I went over and picked up a HSF for the system (a Zalman orb looking thingy). I also picked up 8 GB more RAM for my system.

So, motherboard, video card, processor, memory.. Uh... Houston, we have a problem...

The damn power supply doesn't have a 8 pin 12v connection, and has only one 6 pin video connection.

Luckily, the video card came with two adapters, so I used the one with the power supply, and then one of the adapters hooked to a molex to get power to the video. I had a 4pin 12v, so I plugged that into the motherboard.

The system is up and running, and has Windows 7 on it. I have to get a decent power supply, and a Windows 7 compatible Wifi adapter, but so far, it seems to be running good. My older son is playing Minecraft right now, with the settings on max, and loving it.
--
"F is for Fire that burns down the whole town...
U is for Uranium...... Bombs...
N is for NO SURVIVORS!!!!!" Sheldon Plankton

Dissembled

join:2008-01-23
Indianapolis, IN

said by neonhomer:

Uh... Houston, we have a problem...

The damn power supply doesn't have a 8 pin 12v connection, and has only one 6 pin video connection.

Guess we should have clarified your definition of "newer", huh? lol

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

said by Dissembled:

said by neonhomer:

Uh... Houston, we have a problem...

Guess we should have clarified your definition of "newer", huh? lol

+1.
--
If we lose this freedom of ours, history will record with the greatest astonishment, those who had the most to lose, did the least to prevent its happening.