join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1
reply to SwedishRider

Re: Wheel-drive vs Track-drive vs Tractor-mounted Snow Blowers

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Got it all assembled and mounted. Time to throw some serious snow! Bring on the white stuff!!

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Lurch77

said by Lurch77:

Trade in your Husky for this, problem solved.

Like WOW.... 7500 Tons per hour @ 25mph

wth
Premium
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to SwedishRider

said by SwedishRider:

Time to throw some serious snow! Bring on the white stuff!!

Now that you got the snowblower, you know your not going to get any snow this winter, but the rest of us will probably get buried.

garys_2k
Premium
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI
Reviews:
·Callcentric
·callwithus

said by wth:

said by SwedishRider:

Time to throw some serious snow! Bring on the white stuff!!

Now that you got the snowblower, you know your not going to get any snow this winter, but the rest of us will probably get buried.

^ ^ What he said. The probability of snow is inversely proportional to the amount of money you spend getting ready for it. Expect five years of no snow.

But do get some chains for those wheels, with your grade you're going to need them.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1
reply to SwedishRider

Question: How should I set the scraper blade and skid plates on the snowblower? I've referenced this site: »www.ereplacementparts.com/articl···wer.html

Seems to be two basic schools of thought on this: either scraper flush on the asphalt, or about 1/4 inch up from the tar. My thought would be to drop the scraper flush on the asphalt so as to clean as much snow as possible. That should help me travel up and down that 9* incline (16.5%). How do you folks set your blower skid plates and scraper?

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

I have always set the scraper blade on my snowblowers about an eigth of an inch above the pavement. What I do is use a couple of wooden paint stirrers under the blade, lower the blower, then drop the skid shoes down to the pavement. Scraper blades are relatively pricey to replace, so it's recommended to not let them contact the paved surface too heavily. It also protects them from slight "humps & bumps" that might "ding" them up if they're flat on the ground. I've never had a problem with the blower not cleaning the drive completely down to the surface. On packed ice, I suppose it could be an issue, but for just snow removal, it works out just fine.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

MrFixit1

join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

I would also recommend doing a test run over all areas that you plan on removing snow from . Just in case there are some "bumps " that you did not notice .