All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
w0en
join:2007-01-20
Northfield, MN

w0en

[HSI] New Install left just a phone modem for 30 Mbps service?

My son just ordered the charter triple play w/30 Mbps in a new townhouse. The old install had a telephone modem in the basement and a separate modem upstairs for internet. The installer only hooked up the Arris phone modem and didn't hook up anything else and left a short yellow cat5 wire next to the modem. So I plugged my Netgear wireless router in the back of the Arris phone modem in the basement and set it up. Is that how it is done now, all off one modem? I am getting 3 Mbps on speedtest on a 300 Mbps Netgear. I am getting a faster upload speed on speedtest than download speed. Just now 2.66 download 3.31 Upload. Sounds like the installer was a real klutz had to call in help to figure out he had a splitter with a dead port.

oneoone
join:2010-01-20
North Hollywood, CA

oneoone

Re: [HSI] New Install left just a phone modem for 30 Mbps servic

Yes the armis ones are all in one modems for phone and internet.
jnewcastle
join:2004-05-03
Kalamazoo, MI

jnewcastle to w0en

to w0en
I had the same thing. Called to get the new promotional package as mine was coming off. Installer came out to give us new 30meg down 4 meg up service. Gave us a docsis 2.0 modem when that modem won't handle the speeds. Same tech came back out and was going to give us two separate modems but then came back in with a new converged modem by the same manufacture, just a Docsis 3.0 modem this time. Now my speedtest.charter.com tests are giving me a bit over 30meg down and a bit over 4meg up. Took about 3 hours to take care of a very simple task, after a total of two visits.