OZO to Name Game

Premium Member

to Name Game

Re: Google Apps dropping support for IE8

said by Name Game:

3 reasons why you should let Google host jQuery for you

And I have my million reasons to block that host:
1. JavaScript from that host makes tracking users easier

And, so far, blocking that host working well with all web sites, that I want to visit, including this forum too, BTW.

Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

Yer Funny..now if you said jQuery was your concern because a site might use it to find out what browser you are using etc. I would understand since your privacy concerns are well known..but blocking google site that hosts the stuff is just fud since you and I both know ways to stop sites from from tracking..and it sure would not be plunking that in a host file.
It just slows down the load and other things in many browsers.
All web site do not even use it from that place..so it can't as you say 'work for all sites".
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

said by Name Game:

It just slows down the load and other things in many browsers.

Really? I'm sure, it's just an opposite. Putting mentioned earlier host name in hosts file speeds up browsing because browser saves time on downloading JQuery library and it doesn't run those scripts on background. Second, to know which particular browser user uses to browse web site there is no need to run JavaScript. That info is part of the header, provided with every request it sends. Third, if you and I both know that we have to stop tracking our web browsing habits by data collecting services, like Google, we also know, that one of the well known and simple ways is to put offending site into the hosts file. That's exactly what and why I do it -- to protect myself from Google, tracking what I'm doing on the Internet. And finally fourth, I said putting the site into my hosts file works for me for all sites I want to visit, not for all sites as you've mentioned. It's a slight, but nevertheless important difference, don't you think?.

BBR site uses JQuery for the sole purpose of tracking its users. If JQuery is blocked here it will not brake any important function on this site, even one. But Google (and you, mentioned in your post the importance of JQuery it in bold) still suggest everyone to use it anyway...

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

The protecting yourself from google is the fud. and your saved time thing is negligible ...beside the fact certain website and pages are going to be slow as molasses without it on some form elements you are screwed.

»encosia.com/dont-let-jqu ··· ou-down/

»web.enavu.com/daily-tip/ ··· -jquery/

You better start doing some more blocking

The jQuery library is a single JavaScript file, containing all of its common DOM, event, effects, and Ajax functions. It can be included within a web page by linking to a local copy, or to one of the many copies available from public servers. jQuery has a CDN sponsored by Media Temple[10] (previously at Amazon[11]). Google [12] and Microsoft[13] host it as well.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JQuery

might even be some of the reasons Mele20 has a hard time making a page display correctly beside the font and dpi thing.

When a page is set up correctly the tax is nothing...
»samsaffron.com/archive/2 ··· uery-tax
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to OZO

to OZO

I dont have that blocked Name Game and i still get a 404 error on ajax.googleapis.com (Nothing good comes from this anyway (Just tracking stuff,etc))

Name Game
Premium Member
Grand Rapids, MI

Name Game

Premium Member

News for you..everyone will get a 404 on ajax.googleapis.com..has nothing to do with blocking it serves up stuff..and not a website you can access with your browser. it is even out with https.