Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to JW

Premium Member

to JW

Re: [IL] Three Outages in 3 Weeks in Southern IL? What's going o

Hrm, I am showing multiple updates to the ticket so I am not sure what the reps were looking at when you called in. Generally outages like this require hourly updates (given, some of the updates may not have a lot of info when the main action is going to be splicing fiber) so it may be possible they were mistaken or looking at the wrong thing. Either way, I apologize for the downtime and thank you guys for the info.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by MediacomChad:

I apologize for the downtime and thank you guys for the info.

Forget apologizes. We have all heard that one too many times.
Why not answer the question of the thread? What IS going on?

4 outages in Southern Il in 3 weeks. Big outages. The official Mediacom excuse is always Cable was Cut. 4 cable cuts in 3 weeks? WHAT IS going on????

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The official answer is what was already stated. Each outage was a fiber cut that had to be repaired. Each cut was in a different area but caused a large amount of problems.

JW
@mchsi.com

JW to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Hrm, I am showing multiple updates to the ticket so I am not sure what the reps were looking at when you called in

Then either you're outright lying, it's been updated after the fact, or you guys are actually so bad at what you do that your support agents don't even get to see the same ticket you do. I called in every 30 minutes for 7 straight hours, and everyone I talked to said "that's strange that the ticket hasn't even been updated," which then turned into "but you know what's even worse around here..." Heck, I called in so many times for updates yesterday that the agents just started telling me "there's no update to the ticket" before even asking for my name, address, and last 4.

One of your agents also said that you guys don't even run much Cisco stuff - that it's all just old Solaris boxes - which is what causes most of these outages. It all looks like a bad joke to us out here though, regardless of the reason.

Anyway, good to know MedicomChad is just part of the same old spin team.

K M
@myvzw.com

K M to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
Our Mediacom broadband has been out since early Wednesday. We're on the west side of Carbondale. I've called tech support three times. Each time I spoke with Mediacom employees in India, each of whom says that the problem is with my computer (which works fine when plugged into the SIU broadband network).

I'm not using a router.

I 'power cycled' the computer and modem several times. The modem is on and the computer recognizes it, but I'm getting an IP address of 169.xx ..., which apparently is problematic.

Does anyone have a *local* Mediacom telephone number one can call (on Monday)? The Mediacom employees in India are nice but unhelpful.

Thanks.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello K M,

I will be happy to look into the connection issues you are currently having. Can you send me an IM with your account or phone number?